Things SOG can do to get back on top.

arrrright, here is some more 2 cents:

-no S.O.G. laser cutout logo's on any of the knives, a simple laser print SOG on the blade is fine.

- PLEEEASE I BEG YOU, bring back the TOMCAT! i really want a TOMCAT
4180004-lg.jpg

-bring back the classics: Desert Dagger, Gentlemens Folder, Tomcat, Tomcat2

I will be completely BLUNT and say it like i feel it: Go back to SIMPLE, time tested and proven designs. Flashiness and funny laser cut out logos are a bummer to me and reek of cheapness. The OLD sog lineup from waaaaaay back when = QUALITY, TOUGH, PROVEN, and a hell of a good buy

this is not a slam to the Co., but an outloud thought...

arrrright, here is some more 2 cents:

-no S.O.G. laser cutout logo's on any of the knives, a simple laser print SOG on the blade is fine.

- PLEEEASE I BEG YOU, bring back the TOMCAT! i really want a TOMCAT
4180004-lg.jpg

-bring back the classics: Desert Dagger, Gentlemens Folder, Tomcat, Tomcat2

I will be completely BLUNT and say it like i feel it: Go back to SIMPLE, time tested and proven designs. Flashiness and funny laser cut out logos are a bummer to me and reek of cheapness. The OLD sog lineup from waaaaaay back when = QUALITY, TOUGH, PROVEN, and a hell of a good buy

this is not a slam to the Co., but an outloud thought...

I agree. drop the crap like "muscle car" and contractor 2x4 *DUMB*
Make more like the twitch XL. AND if Ya hafta Make the knifes in Taiwan at least let the price reflect it. spydercos chinese made knifes are at least what a chinese knife is worth; less $$$

I have to agree with Bushman5. Gone are the days of drooling over the SOG catalog. I would love for SOG to make a classic Tomcat. That has to be the heftiest folder I've ever held! My bro has one and I absolutely love it! I guess I should take a look at a Tomcat 3 in person, but the original is such a beautiful knife! SOG, if you're listening, maybe you could offer a "classic" Tomcat as well as the Tomcat 3? (Or I'd go for just the classic Tomcat!)

This one just poped in my mind.
A production version of the sog kiku in aus-8 with the micarta scales and all that.

I think it would go along way if the handle material was updated. Use some G10 or micarta, something other than zytel.

I just bought a Seal Pup Elite, non-serrated and natural finish. I really like the knife but could do without the spine rasp. I might file them down just a bit!

I think the hand-guard is a little too much for me. To be honest, it doesn't even look like it (the handguard) would take much of a beating.

I got the impression that the reason they didn't make the handguard more sturdy was that they didn't want the knife to be classified as a knuckle knife (?)

please bring back the (SOG BOWIE S1) SK-5 steel,blade tickness .280". and if you cannot use SK-5 make them in 1095.we want more carbon steel blade! :thumbup:

the SOG Bowie S1 is a true classic but the commemorative bowie is too expensive for a user knife. thanks.

a seal team without serrations would be nice too
& i vote no to spine rasps :eek:

Regards

Bushcraft blades, that is what everyone wants. Something with a scandi or convex edge and nice looking handle. The seal pup is a real classic for sog, you should offer an updated version with a full tang, micarta scales with screw rivets (like the RC-4), a tool steel and no choil. (no serrations either :barf:). I was never really fond of the seal pup for those reasons, the handle isn't very comfortable, the choil is way too big and there is no point to it anyway, you can't choke up on it because the serrations are in the way of any fine work. I actually like a choil on a bushcraft knife. I don't really like aus-6, I could get it sharp very easily but it lost its edge very quickly.

I owned an 'original' Tomcat with thumbclip during the mid-90's. Foolishly, I sold it to a co-worker who kept bugging me for it. Sometime later, I thought to order another knive, little did I know, the new Tomcat, was version 2 with thumbstuds. This really turned me off, but I kept the knife because the 'classic' was discontinued. I think the identity, that intrinsically identifies a SOG product, is gradually being lost to marketing ploys. Gimmicks are no substitute for solid, functional design characteristics. Al Mar Knives, is another company, that has lost it's way, since Al passed on.

Why don't they make VG-10 fixed knives? Now you only have AUS-8, that's pretty good but for some not good enough. I would like a VG-10 blade in the future.
Now you have to buy a Fallkniven to have a good VG-10 knife.

Offer the powerlock in plain edge.
The partial chisel ground edge just bugs me.
Other that that its my favorite multitool.

There is an ebb and flow to sales. SOG's products are good overall. I'd change the NW Ranger to a non-serrated knife. I'd drop the Tigershark completely and bring out a heavy machete with a good steel and sheath. Probably something in about a 14-16" blade with a comfortable handle. I'd also get rid of any large SOG identifiers on any product. Make it simple and neat.

The competition has gotten better. If you read the forums, you see few people recommending SOG knives. My only belief is that there are so many knives now that SOG gets kind of left out.

carbon steel 1085,1095, nothing more. you can make a model with a stainless blade and the same model with carbon steel too,without serration or with. Some little options like that would be fine.No more model just some options on great knives.like seal pup,gov-tac,nw rangers,seal team,recon bowie,tigershark ect...

my 2 cents

A seal pup elite with the seal pup handle - without spine rasps & of course without serrations
a nw ranger in high carbon steel with no serrations would be nice

thank for reading this

Back