Things that just bug ya?

Apathetic folks. A certain company who shall remain nameless wants to open a processing plant in this town, and anyone who's lived in such a place knows what kind of damage that does. The people who live here don't want the plant, the county and the town representatives want the plant, but the folks who don't want it are too afraid to speak up in opposition of it.

Greetings,

I'll chime in.

Agreed on the cleanliness. I don't need it spotless, and some clutter is OK (read: a family lives here), but for example...vanity mirror's over the sink...once they start getting spots on them from water, brushing of teeth, etc...in short order, they need the Windex treatment...and more than once a month...guess who usually winds up doing it??? Keeping the house clean is a daily/weekly battle, especially with kids and a large dog that sheds.

Same goes with vehicles...the occasional bit of kid mess is OK (empty snack wrapper, etc), but keeping it from piling up to above the floor boards is a weekly battle (if you have a family/kids)...guess again who usually winds up doing it??? Pretty much every fill-up is yours truly going around the vehicle and pulling out the wrappers, hand wipes, crap, etc. and tossing it in the garbage bin at the gas station. Trying to keep the vehicles from becoming rolling trash cans.

Here's one I've been meaning to post for awhile: We have 'Express' check-out lines. We NEED the 'slower than molasses in January' lines. This is for all the people that are going to need 'extra help' and take 3X+ longer than normal to conduct routine business. The person at the post office who can't fill out at least the basics information on the form (do you really need all of us to stand there and watch while you write your name where is says 'Name' and your address where it says 'Address'?) or has 72 small envelopes to mail...the person in the food checkout line that has some other form of non-standard payment...the person who 'wants to speak to the manager'...the person at customer service who wants to send the Western Union money transfer to huh?where?istan and wants to know if funds will be properly converted and how many dollars is needed to get X amount of local currency delivered to the receiver...the person who can't seem to figure out that you can start filling out the check before the total amount due is determined....and so on and so forth...

Same could be said about the person the road that absolutely cannot do the posted speed limit (unless you try to safely pass them).

Parents who won't 'parent.' (hint: it's THE full time job). 'Nuff said.

Bad pet owners.

Greed combined with the lack of empathy or compassion.

The inability to effectively communicate like a normal, reasonably educated person.

'Snowflakes,' self-appointed loud-mouth 'experts' (who aren't even close), hypocrites, and the smug/superiority complex types come time mind as well. No list would be complete without social media and worthless 'reality' television (how the hell did we wind up with the Kardashians...seriously??? I guess its an indication of how deluded our society has become).

There's about a 1000 other things, but I don't have that much time.

Cheers,
BOSS

Agreed on the cleanliness. ....Same goes with vehicles...the occasional bit of kid mess is OK (empty snack wrapper, etc), but keeping it from piling up to above the floor boards is a weekly battle (if you have a family/kids)...guess again who usually winds up doing it???

Same could be said about the person the road that absolutely cannot do the posted speed limit (unless you try to safely pass them).
This reminds me that I need to vac out a couple vehicles. The kids and garbage thing in the vehicle.... yep. But try with co-workers who use your vehicle as a garbage can. Or the coworker that refuses to clean your windshield when you're getting gas (for their benefit as I'm paying them).... more time.... then they feel perfectly comfortable making me wait for 10 minutes+ while they chit chat with the cashier at the gas station when they buy whatever and of course leave the wrappers in my vehicle for me to clean up....

Driving... yep on the speed limit thing. The ones that bug me are the ones that putt along 5-10 mph below the speed limit and then speed up on straight aways where you might pass them (2 lane road) or wait until you start to pass and then speed up.... as if looking at my butt is going to last long at the speed they were going....

Thought I would add something here out of time sync since I double posted the last time.

At the moment I'm fighting GD fleas inside the house. We have 7 cats and all of them go outside. Clean, spray, vacuum, treat the cats..... A couple days go by and there's another hatch and I do it again, but not supposed to treat the cats more than once a month. Seems to be mostly concentrated in a couple rooms (where they hang out basically) so that's good. But it has been a battle.

Last edited:
We were making spaghetti this evening and it occurred to me that the spoon my wife was using was a brand new one I just bought. They called it a basting spoon.... rigid, flat bottom for scraping or using as a spoon. Really useful and fairly difficult to find anywhere. You have no idea how many stores I have looked at kitchen utensils to finally find one of these. My old ones were rusting and probably 20 years old+.... my sister said... why in earth do you keep them (rusty spoons) around? Why? Because I can't find one to replace it!! This bugged me to no end that I couldn't find a simple damn spoon.

Dirty kitchen. I really dislike a dirty kitchen. The food tastes better in a clean kitchen.
Dirty dishes in the sink. This really bugs me. I can handle maybe a couple hours of soaking something, but longer.... got to be washed and clean.
Dirty House... clutter is okay. It just has to be clean.
Dull knives
Dirty or soiled pet bowls. We have cats. I use pyrex bowls.... glass, easy to clean, and resistant to breakage should one get dropped or knocked off a table or something.

I'll think of more. Maybe you can help me out here with your pet peeves.

Looks like I just hate DIRT. But I love it in the garden.
Regulation counter heights. I agree about the dirty dishes in the sink, but I also hate washing dishes because I have to hunch over to do it. Short people can stand on a step stool to get taller, but I can't get shorter!

Regulation counter heights. I agree about the dirty dishes in the sink, but I also hate washing dishes because I have to hunch over to do it. Short people can stand on a step stool to get taller, but I can't get shorter!
My wife thinks I wash the dishes by hand for therapy. I don't think so, but I don't allow them to build up hence we almost never use the dishwasher. Think my wife has forgotten how to even use it.

My wife thinks I wash the dishes by hand for therapy. I don't think so, but I don't allow them to build up hence we almost never use the dishwasher. Think my wife has forgotten how to even use it.
Got rid of ours for cabinet space. Didn't ever use it.

Another annoyance: People that fill up a community dumpster with cardboard boxes they were too lazy to break down. It's one thing to simply have so much crap to throw out that it fills a dumpster, it's another to inconvenience everyone else with a bunch of wasted space.

Thought I would add something here out of time sync since I double posted the last time.

At the moment I'm fighting GD fleas inside the house. We have 7 cats and all of them go outside. Clean, spray, vacuum, treat the cats..... A couple days go by and there's another hatch and I do it again, but not supposed to treat the cats more than once a month. Seems to be mostly concentrated in a couple rooms (where they hang out basically) so that's good. But it has been a battle.
See your veterinarian. Ask for Bravecto. Thank me later.

I use Revolution presently. That is what my vet has always recommended and used. It is a prescription med and I assume Bravecto is as well. I'll ask my vet next time I see her.

Think about all the times you've heard someone argue a subjective statement with an equally--or greater--subjective statement, all while both parties assume undeniable truth. It's quite incredible.

With or without a dishwasher (or any convenience) there is always the time-honoured philosophy of 'clean as you go' that just works whether on a construction site or in the kitchen. Clear the work surfaces, invite the next. Perhaps for myself it explains why I go beyond my energy at evening so that I look forward to the start of the next day and all its projects.

Tough guys that order it on the rocks. One ice cube is allowed, if any. A splash of water is better. Eh, wtf, most don't have the palate anyway.

Old heads that torch the greens :eek: You should know better. What are you doing?

Disc Jockeys out there, please heed.

The song starts with the first note, the first guitar strum or guitar rift. The first lyric is not the beginning of the song.

So you don't get to drop the needle on a great classic rock tune and then babble on incessantly about absolutely nothing until the lead singer utters the first word of the lyrics. Talking over the first quarter of the song bugs me.

I don’t know why it bugs me but the people with the real expensive vapor/e cigs that have to show off in public with their huge vapor cloud.
2 - People that have no business being in the self check lane. If you don’t know how to use it stay away!
3 - People looking at their phones instead of paying attention at the light.

Self service line... you have to learn somehow. ;)
Not particularly fond of the e-cigs with nicotine. If you're going to smoke, just smoke.
Or looking at their phones as they approach a light and run into the back of you.

Don't mind liberals or progressives as long as they don't bring with them the superior attitude.

Back