This is not a drill (traditional knives)

DDFEF8F1-0584-43EA-BC11-4BE95A422894.jpeg Debated posting this, but I feel that it’s an interpretation of a fighting knife. Toss up on Traditional really, but it’s one I would never leave behind. 5-6, give or take.
Thanks, Neal

I don't know for sure what model it is.... it doesn't say on the blade....
western%20small_zps3ud3ynma.jpg

Look down at the top of the guard, I bet you'll find L48B stamped into it.
That's what I looks like and it appears smaller than my 48a for sure.

I would say it's a Wood Jewel pukko. They make some crazy coloured handles.

No I don't have ANY woodworking skills so it was a Puukko I got in a local supermarket.:D Yes I think it's Wood Jewel, they're in Lapland which is the other side of the country from me. The handles are laminated strips of different woods and EXTREMELY comfortable in the hand, being more or less full sized handle yet small blade gives it a lot of manoeuvre, inexpensive too:cool:

View attachment 1183158 This for sure. Some others I need to resize photos of, but this works for a lot of things, in a lot of ways. Heck I use the Hoofpick to pull weeds sometimes :rolleyes::D
Thanks, Neal

Interesting and unconventional choice :cool: I notice the BEM on yours looks a lot different colour from the Maple on my Teardrop which is a kind of pink lilac colour....Is it due to ageing and handling? Your example looks good, mine not so much :D

Thanks, Will

A storm knocked out my internet last night, and I couldn’t remember if the exercise was to pick 5 or 6 knives, so I went with 6 and took these pictures. Here first are my stranded-on-a-desert-island/zombie-apocalypse essentials:
Vn9EO5L.jpg

The next ones are my stuck-in-an-apartment picks:
lCyA9vA.jpg

No I don't have ANY woodworking skills so it was a Puukko I got in a local supermarket.:D Yes I think it's Wood Jewel, they're in Lapland which is the other side of the country from me. The handles are laminated strips of different woods and EXTREMELY comfortable in the hand, being more or less full sized handle yet small blade gives it a lot of manoeuvre, inexpensive too:cool:

I've seen them too on a local market stand for tourists on the city square. I didn't remember they were that cheap, but you get what you pay for. They were rather crudely and inconsistently finished knives: blade leaning backwards or not in line with handle, some handles ridiculously shaped/coloured etc. I wouldn't buy one without handling it first or better still, save some more dinari and go for Ahti.

And now with photos:
20180817-114946-jpg-2.jpg
20180817-114950-jpg-2.jpg
20180817-115037-jpg-2.jpg
20180817-115047-jpg.jpg
20180817-115024-jpg-2.jpg
20180817-115053-jpg-2.jpg

Last edited:
When I first saw this thread, I didn't realize we were allowed to pick 5.... I'll get my 5 together this evening for a group photo...

5 is much easier than 1.... :cool:

I've been pondering a similar question lately and here is my current thinking:

Tinker in Zermatt pouch w/ sharpening steel
Mini Champ on lanyard
Tiny Trapper in slip
Mini Trapper in belt sheath
Tribal Lock or Wharncliffe Copperhead in Buck 112 sheath

I would probably have to add a fixed blade as a sixth, so:

Buck 105 Pathfinder in sheath

Then we need to think about sharpening, so:

Victorinox Pocket Ceramic
4" DMT, either 600 or 325 grit

I think this would work well for a short road trip (a few days).

Interesting and unconventional choice :cool: I notice the BEM on yours looks a lot different colour from the Maple on my Teardrop which is a kind of pink lilac colour....Is it due to ageing and handling? Your example looks good, mine not so much :D

Thanks, Will
Will Power Will Power -Will, that’s a daily carry user for me; about 4 years or more? I also carried it in a leather sheath for some time. Both might have had an effect. Truth to tell, I’m red/green colorblind, so any pinkish hues never bothered me, can’t see em!:D
:rolleyes:
Thanks, Neal

Back