This just in ~ from España • The Navajas of ArtesaniaHerreros

I am sorry your laws are so strict, Jack. I carry mine, at first in the pouch that accompanied it, but now in a leather pouch from A.G. Russell.
Vo7ZNMY.jpg

oGW9EKq.jpg

Pasa un buen dia, amigos.

I'll try and get it out soon Ray :) The last time I took it out we got rain (from Spain? :eek:), so couldn't get any pics :( I've been carrying it in an identical belt sheath to your own (though mine is black). However, since I could not give a reason for needing to carry a locking dagger in the city, it is almost certainly illegal, so I'm reserving it for special occasions, and I have ordered a slipjoint ;) :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that locking knife issue for you. :confused: But you are an AMBASSADOR - don't you have some diplomatic immunity? ;)

Ray

OK - SNEAK PREVIEW TIME :D

This one is on the way from José. You can see that it is a Cuchillo Naval though I have otherwise obscured the details to make it more of an event when I can take real photos of my own.

Lots of specials Herreros details to satisfy but also a good solid work knife, per my request.
As José and I agreed - Like the two of us - it needed to be pretty and useful. :D

I think he put it all together just right (and yes it has a lanyard tube) :thumbsup:

Cool huh?

Ray

Last edited:

This one is on the way from José. You can see that it is a Cuchillo Naval though I have otherwise obscured the details to make it more of an event when I can take real photos of my own.

Lots of specials Herreros details to satisfy but also a good solid work knife, per my request.
As José and I agreed - Like the two of us - it needed to be pretty and useful. :D

I think he put it all together just right (and yes it has a lanyard tube) :thumbsup:

Cool huh?

Ray

View attachment 1121376

View attachment 1121377
Way cool! :cool: :thumbsup:

Cool huh?

Ray

View attachment 1121376

View attachment 1121377
Yes, a nice one, Ray.
A sheepfoot? A slipjoint?
Nice filework :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing the color and light play off the nuances of it.

Cool huh?

Ray

View attachment 1121376

View attachment 1121377
Very cool Ray. Your post sent me back to José's website where I've been slow walking through his creations again. The "fieles" captures my attention every time! Time well spent. Anyway I'm looking forward to your photos and the "in the wild" woods tromping shots.

Very cool Ray. Your post sent me back to José's website where I've been slow walking through his creations again. The "fieles" captures my attention every time! Time well spent. Anyway I'm looking forward to your photos and the "in the wild" woods tromping shots.

Time well spent Dwight - a veritable gallery of navaja art. The "fieles" and some of the classics are especially appealing. Wish I could go in for one of each.

As for the "in the wilds wood tromping" this one is a MARINE knife. We'll be seeing aqua theme shots ;)

I'm looking forward to those too. :thumbsup:

Ray

I took a few pics of my Vendetta at historic Sandal Castle yesterday (the sun was a bit bright for the highly polished blade and bolsters unfortunately) :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandal_Castle

BBd4aqY.jpg

YiRFzwB.jpg

j9FDa9E.jpg

LYisYGs.jpg

r7uQda4.jpg

oszQZUl.jpg
A beautiful knife, Jack :)
It sure looks like it means business, too.
The traditional Spanish phrase, "Do not unfold me without reason; do not fold me without honor," seems most apropos with that one ;)

A beautiful knife, Jack :)
It sure looks like it means business, too.
The traditional Spanish phrase, "Do not unfold me without reason; do not fold me without honor," seems most apropos with that one ;)

Thank you very much :) I think that piece of 'Cutler's Poetry': 'Do not draw me without reason, nor sheath me without honour' may have originally been used in relation to Bowie Knives, but certainly it has been used internationally, and widely :thumbsup:

Simply wonderful to see so may beautiful custom knives from Senior Herreros!!!
My hats off to to RayseM, Fodderwing, Jack, and Prester John for owning and showing some fantastic examples.

Thanks my friend :) :thumbsup:

Back