Thoughts on Tony Bose collaboration Case knives?

I understand your trepidation Dylan, it's not unfounded. But if you are in the US, you can buy a Case/Bose with little risk other than the cost of sending the knife back to the dealer.

Knife nuts are a silly bunch. Spending $500 on a production knife is madness. But plenty of folks are willing to do just that, not just with the Case/Bose collabs, but also with GECs bought on the secondary market.
I like and respect GEC as much as the next guy but this silliness I'll never understand. God bless the ones who can get it.....and who have the balls to ask for it! Lol

Theyre better than regular mass production case, having had one in stag awhile back. It was a eureka jack but it still had things that I considered issues. The blades were diminutive and did not match blade to handle ratio to my liking. Others may not consider that an issue. That being said, I wouldn't pay retail for them as its not a $500 knife to me, $500 is more custom knife territory.

Theyre better than regular mass production case, having had one in stag awhile back. It was a eureka jack but it still had things that I considered issues. The blades were diminutive and did not match blade to handle ratio to my liking. Others may not consider that an issue. That being said, I wouldn't pay retail for them as its not a $500 knife to me, $500 is more custom knife territory.

I would never get one of the Case/Bose collabs with stag covers. The stag Case uses for them is sub-par for such a premium knife. I can't remember ever seeing one and thinking, "That's some nice stag."

Must be the name. There are custom knives.. and then there are Tony Bose custom knives… and when knives cost 4-5x more than the average mortgage payment, I don’t even look. Well, I look but who is buying? Jeff Bezos?

The last Tony Bose sold on AZ customs was $6,000, and there’s one listed now for nearly $9,000.

Last edited:
I would never get one of the Case/Bose collabs with stag covers. The stag Case uses for them is sub-par for such a premium knife. I can't remember ever seeing one and thinking, "That's some nice stag."
Agreed. A lot of times the bone is terrible looking too. On the other hand the molasses bone they put on the damascus knives is always fantastic. They should just put that stuff on all of them and call it good.

Must be the name. There are custom knives.. and then there are Tony Bose custom knives… and when knives cost 4-5x more than the average mortgage payment, I don’t even look. Well, I look but whose buying? Jeff Bezos?

The last Tony Bose sold on AZ customs was $6,000.
Are you looking for the best Lanny's Clip you can get for $500 or is it more important to have a knife that says Bose on the tang? Not being judgmental if that is that case, you should get whatever makes your heart go pitter-patter, just curious.

Must be the name. There are custom knives.. and then there are Tony Bose custom knives… and when knives cost 4-5x more than the average mortgage payment, I don’t even look. Well, I look but whose buying? Jeff Bezos?

The last Tony Bose sold on AZ customs was $6,000.

Yup. The man was an icon. Knives with his name are only going to become more desirable as time passes.

About a dozen years ago I passed on a gently used Reese Bose WT selling on the exchange for $200. Shadow construction with micarta covers. I didn't grab it because I prefer single blade knives and I don't like synthetic cover materials.

I was such a fool in my youth. 😭

Are you looking for the best Lanny's Clip you can get for $500 or is it more important to have a knife that says Bose on the tang? Not being judgmental if that is that case, you should get whatever makes your heart go pitter-patter, just curious.
A combination of the Case legacy, Tony Bose’s skill/oversight, and overall look.

Yup. The man was an icon. Knives with his name are only going to become more desirable as time passes.

About a dozen years ago I passed on a gently used Reese Bose WT selling on the exchange for $200. Shadow construction with micarta covers. I didn't grab it because I prefer single blade knives and I don't like synthetic cover materials.

I was such a fool in my youth. 😭
Can you imagine how much they’ll cost in 10 years?

“Do I buy a new car… or do I buy a Tony Bose custom? Hmmmm… choices.”

A combination of the Case legacy, Tony Bose’s skill/oversight, and overall look.

I've been there. Case is a respected American marque and I've long desired one. The problem is that they didn't offer a model that appealed to me. Other than the Case/Bose collaborations that is. TB's work with Case allowed me to cross a couple things off my list -- finally pick up a Case knife and get something from the mind of an American legend.

Must be the name. There are custom knives.. and then there are Tony Bose custom knives… and when knives cost 4-5x more than the average mortgage payment, I don’t even look. Well, I look but who is buying? Jeff Bezos?

The last Tony Bose sold on AZ customs was $6,000, and there’s one listed now for nearly $9,000.
Are you talking about American money?!!

Are you talking about American money?!!
Absolutely. Go take a gander. They should probably be up for auction at Sotheby’s for the prices they fetch.
i’d need an FHA 30 yr fixed loan!

I own a Case/Bose Lanny's Clip. In this sense, $500 was worth the purchase (otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it 😁)

The truth is, even if I could find one, I can't afford a custom Bose knife (as stated above). I'll have to be content with the collab 😆

As this is my shelf queen, can't really tell you how it is in use. Regardless, I can tell you, at least, the knife is solid in hand, locks up tight, no wobble, and feels like it can take much abuse. It definitely has a 'custom' feel to the knife. The knife in person, looks and feels much higher quality than 'any' other standard, non-Bose collab Case knife, eg. fit, finish, walk/talk, etc. Mind you, there are other Case/Bose knives such as Zulu that costs around $60~$70...these are NOT what I'm referring to.

However, when the knife was originally purchased and received, it had blade edge and swedge grind issues. I sent it back to Case and they did right by me....albeit, it took close to three months to have it returned.

All in all, now I'm very happy with the knife. Hope this helps.

I own a Case/Bose Lanny's Clip. In this sense, $500 was worth the purchase (otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it 😁)

The truth is, even if I could find one, I can't afford a custom Bose knife (as stated above). I'll have to be content with the collab 😆

As this is my shelf queen, can't really tell you how it is in use. Regardless, I can tell you, at least, the knife is solid in hand, locks up tight, no wobble, and feels like it can take much abuse. It definitely has a 'custom' feel to the knife. The knife in person, looks and feels much higher quality than 'any' other standard, non-Bose collab Case knife, eg. fit, finish, walk/talk, etc. Mind you, there are other Case/Bose knives such as Zulu that costs around $60~$70...these are NOT what I'm referring to.

However, when the knife was originally purchased and received, it had blade edge and swedge grind issues. I sent it back to Case and they did right by me....albeit, it took close to three months to have it returned.

All in all, now I'm very happy with the knife. Hope this helps.
Given how much his customs sell for, I’m surprised the collaborations don’t cost MORE.

Back