Thread for showing off Custom Sheaths.

Sorry, I didn’t catch the Buck thread angle. I have never had a fixed blade Buck without a sheath, and I stick pocket clips on most of the folders. I have a sack full of 110 sheaths that only gets opened when I add to the pile.

Yea i have a box full of leather 110-112 sheaths. I converted to the nylon or cordura sheathscwhen i carry. Lighter, hug the hip closer and are better for storing them in when not in use.

AB9EA9F1-2293-4E91-A39B-069836F1FD80.jpeg Actually the Wootz Bowie has a tie in to Buck. It is a sister to the only Wootz Damascus 110 in the world. My friend who bought the Bowie also obtained a billet of Wootz from Al Pendray and made a 110 blade. The 2 knives were displayed side by side at the BCCI 20th Reunion in Post Falls in 2008. He mounted the blade in a 560 handle, but I think it would look good in the new 30th Anniversary 110 Aluminum modular handle.
Here is a picture of another Damascus blade that he made set in said handle.

Wow i like that! Mak is it to late to do mine like that? :D But with a peek a boo! ( blade groove)

JK! I will just have to get a 212 or other small knife because i think that open style will work better with the smaller knives, yes?

JK! I will just have to get a 212 or other small knife because i think that open style will work better with the smaller knives, yes?

You really need to learn how to use the quote function, that way the rest of us has at least a small chance of figuring out what you are talking about....:confused::confused::confused:

Takes about 3 hours start to finish.
3 hours and moving fast with no breaks....
..or moving steady but not super fast and including breaks.....got my curiousity?

either way impressive. faster than I clean a rifle, but I take lots of breaks.:)

3 hours and moving fast with no breaks....
..or moving steady but not super fast and including breaks.....got my curiousity?

either way impressive. faster than I clean a rifle, but I take lots of breaks.:)
Moving steady no breaks. Small sheaths take about 2 hours if I'm using a liner. The 2 pieces of leather have to be cut out to match each other. Then spread contact cement on both sides and cover completely. I use a heat gun to warm the 2 halves but not enough to over heat. This helps the contact cement dry so I can put them together. Then use a roller to smooth. I then trim any extra overlap. Stitch around the perimeter to make sure the 2 halves never seperate. Then measure and cut the welt. Sew the belt loop down. Then cement the welt to the front and back. Then stitch, sand and burnish.

Or post with the other brand knife just have a small Buck knife in the picture too!? I think that was the loophole right?

If you're showcasing a non-Buck knife there has to be a Buck in the picture. He just wants to show off his custom sheaths. He can leave the knife in them like I did or leave them out of the pic....Either way works...

Back