Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

Not sure if it is still "thrifty" ... The first two I ordered (and paid for) were misplaced before I could get hometime and pick them up. (ordered in 2015 and 2016)
This was the third attempt ... a few years after i was forced to retire, and a year or two after the stroke. (ordered in 2020)
At under $9 each attempt, it might still qualify as thrifty ... however ... $27~$28 giver-take for a callit "$9.⁰⁰" Barlow ain't exactly "thrifty" ...
Oh well. I wanted one for years, so it dun't matter. 😊
Rough Ryder RR198 smooth white bone Barlow. 🥰
I'm carrying for days 17 to ????? of the Barlow challenge.
IMG_20240305_163351.jpg
(hmmm mebby I should have quoted my post in the Barlow Challenge thread with a picture for this instead of reposting the same picture ... oh well ... tew late now. 🤔🤨🙄)

Utm2YcZB_o.jpg

GT, that tortoise is a . . . L😍😍KER!
Thanks, Jeff. :)
I think Rough Ryder does a good job with their fake tortoise shell, although I like RR's older version better than their current version. I probably like its looks more than I like REAL tortoise shell examples I've seen. :rolleyes:

My thrifty knife this week may be the least expensive knife I've ever purchased, a Chinese Imperial sodbuster jr. style knife.

- GT

This Marbles Workman trapper is a low-cost, high-utility knife:

- GT
Whut's with the serrated(?) screwdriver/cap lifter(?) blade? Wire undresser?

(Is we allowed to use the word "stripper" if not referring to "peoples" and/or "humans"?🤔 It might bring up a search result Sir Sparks does not want BF associated with. 🙄)
--_--_--_-- ******* _--_--_--_

Don't know if "Thrifty" or not.
Imperial Frontier Double Eagle.
Reason for doubt:
It may have been a "Free" with purchase" bonus for a Homelite chainsaw (model 410 in particular) or other gas powered tool.
IMG_20240328_055028.jpg
IMG_20240328_062021.jpg

Whut's with the serrated(?) screwdriver/cap lifter(?) blade? Wire undresser?
Yep, that "edged arc" is used to strip insulation off wires. The part of that "blade" closest to the tang is a bottle cap opener that works.
I haven't tried it, but I can't see how you could open a can with that blade (as I originally thought) with the screwdriver sticking out front so far.

- GT

Picked up these two Gerbers on clearance at The Wally World in Lebanon, Ohio a couple hours ago. The Kettlebell was $9 and the Flatiron was $13.

The wife took a picture of me reading labels on the protein shake mixes while we were there.

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpeg
    IMG_3095.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3097.jpeg
    IMG_3097.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 4
Picked up these two Gerbers on clearance at The Wally World in Lebanon, Ohio a couple hours ago. The Kettlebell was $9 and the Flatiron was $13.

The wife took a picture of me reading labels on the protein shake mixes while we were there.
No…just no… 😚

Just be glad I didn't post a selfie of me weary a fuchsia mankini ... some things in life you just can't unsee. :oops:😂
No!! I think you could take some of those clam packs, staple them together (or tape), and make a skirt to cover that up. At the least the staples will poke you to remind you not to do that again!!! My eyes hurt, it burns. :D

Ahhh, my eyes!! 😖😵

Back