Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

This all metal Imperial seems rather old with the abbreviated I.K.CO tang stamp. Fine edge, very good walk and talk, half stop, and very cheap.

bEpehM.jpg

Uqv5kf.jpg
Nice example of the quintessential "Boy's Knife". :)

BIT Old Timer 12OT "PAL"
(Peanut size single blade without a locking blade. I forget what they call the one with a liner lock.)
Sounds like the 18OT Mighty Mite I posted last week! ;)

This week I'll post another knife from the "Gift Set" I mentioned last week. It's a 72OT that Schrade just called a Dog Leg Jack, but I think lots of us would call it an Old Timer Peanut:
72OT.mark.closed.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Eva Marie Saint gave me this one. She said there was a story behind it.
ecupsqE.jpg
North By Northwest is one of my favorite movies! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: It's been too long since I last watched it.
(When I attended Purdue University and drove frequently in northwest Indiana, I kept an eye out for crop dusters. I always check Goodwill Stores for a suit like Cary Grant's in the film. 🤪)

- GT

North By Northwest is one of my favorite movies! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: It's been too long since I last watched it.
(When I attended Purdue University and drove frequently in northwest Indiana, I kept an eye out for crop dusters. I always check Goodwill Stores for a suit like Cary Grant's in the film. 🤪)

- GT
In the Mad Magazine spoof, when Cary Grant gets home he's been gone seven years, he's been declared dead, and his wife has seven children that look like Alfred Hitchcock.
GcmY8Mh.jpg

These three are still with me.
The Half Hawk/Loom Fixer made short work of a 1.5 inch green/growing pine limb that needed trimmed back a few feet, yesterday, (no batoning or chopping) along with a few minor twigs and branches. :)
View attachment 1600737
At under $18 the RR1837 Gene Autry Moose qualifies as "thrifty" in my humble biased opinion.
View attachment 1600738

I've got a dust old reel around here just like that. I wonder if it still works...

Nice knife, too. :)👍
If it’s still together and not missing any parts it probably does work. I still use this one every now and then trout fishing.

Back