Tidings and the return of Schatt and Morgan?

Rumors? What of this? Did some one buy the name again?

121128670_369868211045716_6867536119677985469_o.jpg

That is good news!

Fingers crossed for better QC and warranty support than Queen offered in its waning days. They made a lot of excellent patterns and variations as part of the S&M line, including some pretty unique knives, and I'd love to see that spirit return.

I'm never positive if linking to other forums is allowed here, so instead I'll quote this AAPK post by (AFAIK) the owner of Cooper Cutlery:

"My name is Gilbert Cooper, most of you don't know me. I was the Guy at the Queen Knife Auction That bought those ' OLD' Machines from the 1930's LOL. We also purchased most of the Knives, Stock, etc. about 95% of the Auction. I was there on Behalf of Bluegrass on Some Things, Like Winchester Dies that they owned and had to buy back to keep them, Because much of their tooling that they owned was in the plant at the time of Closing.

The Main reason I was there was because I personally believe that some of the Best Knives made in our great Country the Good old U.S.A. was made by Queen Cutlery on those Old Machines. I went there with a dream to buy the Trademarks and the Machines to Restart the Machines here in Southern Ohio In Winchester, Ohio. Well my dream is about to come true. The first Schatt & Morgans will be made in Winchester, Ohio in mid 2020 as it takes time to Build and Move everything with Riggers etc. We will start slow, But I believe those Machines will once again be Making Knives, You are right when you said they are old. But Schatt and Morgan was once known as the best knife Money could buy. We will move forward with that vision. Please Wish me luck, As I need it."

Good luck with your endeavour Gilbert! How come there are some S&M's being made by SMKW.

I believe SMKW owns Bluegrass Cutlery, and there seems to be a connection between the owner of Cooper Cutlery and Bluegrass. From that same AAPK thread it sounds like Cooper was at the auction on behalf of Bluegrass, but Cooper Cutlery is a separate entity? I'm not positive.

I am hopeful that the quality is there and I wish Mr. Cooper a lot of success! I am certainly going to be watching with waiting for the opportunity to purchase one.

That is good news!

Fingers crossed for better QC and warranty support than Queen offered in its waning days. They made a lot of excellent patterns and variations as part of the S&M line, including some pretty unique knives, and I'd love to see that spirit return.

I sincerely hope that we can stop talking about quality control as if it is the only aspect of a knife that matters, and give this guy a chance

I sincerely hope that we can stop talking about quality control as if it is the only aspect of a knife that matters, and give this guy a chance

I didn't say QC is the only thing that matters.

I wish Cooper Cutlery nothing but success. There's a lot of potential in the S&M mark, particularly if "make traditional knives on century-old machinery" is a part of the DNA, which appears to be the plan. :)

From a Queen and Schatt & Morgan knife group on facebook.
Thanks.
Agree on that, different owners, different location, different labor pool.

I tried to Google Cooper Cutlery and got nothing, however when I Googled Bluegrass Cutlery I landed on their page and saw some pretty cool knives, that look well built, but with no mention of what steel... I'd never heard of them before now.

I have wondered who got the machinery and parts and trademarks from the auction. Good to see them old machines are going to be put back to work again.

Back