Time flies. A giveaway.

Congratulations on 20 years here! Wow! I would love to own a khukuri so I'm in (and thank you for the chance).

20 years ago I was transitioning from carrying this Puma to a more office friendly Vic Champ (ignore the peanut please).
pbfp1.jpg

P1120148b.jpg

Congratulations on twenty years! I’d like others to have a better chance to win since this knife isn’t one I’d use much, so I am not in but I wanted to congratulate you and thank you for the giveaway.

I'm in!
20 yrs ago... I was looking for the first knife I can remember owning. It was a simple dressy pen knife that was gold plated and had my Grandpa's initials engraved on it. Still haven't found it... and never will.

kamagong kamagong I started here a year before you did.

I think like you do... what could I have done with the hours I spent here... earned a degree? Learned to invest my "knife money" more wisely?

It don't matter no more. Good on you for this giveaway. I hope that knife inspires somebody to get some more HI stuff down the road. :thumbsup:

20 years! That made me go look at when I joined. I’m a newbie by comparison at only 12.5 years. I am in. My son has been drooling over nice machetes and khukuris and I’d love to surprise him with one. edit - his sister bought him a machete for his upcoming birthday (shhh, it’s a secret) so I am going to change this to not an entry but thank you for the awesome GAW.

20 years ago I was carrying a tinker SAK. I had given it to my grandfather as a Christmas gift. When he passed away, my grandmother gave it to me, still in its original box. He had never used it. I later gave it to my son with quite a few miles on it. He was 8 at the time and eventually lost it, as boys do, but he liked it so much he bought himself a replacement and still carries it.

Last edited:
next to the standard bowie or western bowie im accustomed to seeing, kukris are super bad asss! not an entry, but thanks for the opportunity!

I'm in! Congratulations on your 20 year!! Just out of curiosity how would one check how long they have been a member? How do you think your tastes have changed? I went from carrying ZT,Spyderco, ect to carrying traditional mostly GEC. Things sure do change. What have you noticed about your progression?

Congrats for the first 20 years :) Not an entry because these days these kind of knives could be frowned upon! :eek: Good luck to the entrants. :)
First knife was an opi, long time lost, 20 years ago I had a big sak I had bought in Land's End, with pen in leather sheath and everything needed on location except maybe a coffee maker, that was always on my work table next to a pack of Gitanes and matches. Someday someone took all...:(

Last edited:
I'm in! Congratulations on your 20 year!! Just out of curiosity how would one check how long they have been a member? How do you think your tastes have changed? I went from carrying ZT,Spyderco, ect to carrying traditional mostly GEC. Things sure do change. What have you noticed about your progression?

You've been a member since November 27th 2014 ;)

Beautiful knife,generous giveaway. Congrats on 20 years. I’m in, thanks.

The knife I carried in 1991 was a Buck 301, since used up and I no longer have it. Great knife, though.

Im in. I like to congratulate you on your 20th year in BF!
20 years ago I was into SAKs and modern folders(mostly Benchmade). I have since sold or given away most of my SAKs except for 3 and I only have one modern folder left. Back then I was also interested in traditional sheath knives back then e.g. Bosnian Bichak, Gaucho knives, Bolos, Khukuris etc. I liked to read about them anyway.
My bolo and khukuri:
164i7fp.jpg

u6vFizO.jpg

Edited to make it an entry. :) Thanks for this wonderful opportunity.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your milestone Christian! 20 years is quite an accomplishment. Here's to your third decade here on the Porch. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the chance on the khukuri, I'm in!
2001 was a banner year in my life which somehow makes it's easy to remember that I then owned three pocket knives and one fixed blade. I still enjoy all of them but my favorite was the Victorinox that went (and still goes) nearly everywhere with me in the green hip pouch seen here, whenever I'm involved in any outdoor sport. It's my hunting, fishing, sailing, camping, hiking, canoeing companion the...
Vic Huntsman
fJEiEh5.jpg

sparerow

Back