TM Hunt Pen Pal Apprenticeship. A Knife WIP! Part 2

beautiful blade dude, keep on grinding! definitely doesn't look like a first blade, good job.

Looks really good Dres. Now go beat the hell out of it. It will take it. :thumbup: what are your plans for a sheath?

Thanks guys for all the kind words and encouragement.

This knife is heading to NH for the Northeast gathering and will be put to work.

Todd, right now the knife is in a Spec Ops combat master sheath because it works. It is a great sheath but it does not fit the style on my opinion. I plan on learning how to make leather sheaths over the winter and as long as the first one is good it will be for this knife. I plan on making a leather bushcraft style sheath with a twist I have not seen on any sheath before.

I will be adding another video or two to this thread to show how the rest of the knife was done. I just have to have time to edit it all together.

Jeremy

That looks fantastic, Jeremy. Great work. Makes me want to start making them myself.

Have you used it yet?

Ok guys, this is the last installment of the WIP. I am sure I will make some testing videos but I am not sure if I want to clutter up Todd's forum with those.

Here are some pictures of the handles before staining and two videos showing the handle shaping process and how I stained them.

As always, let me know what you think.

15471436405_d651698efa_z.jpg

15471084132_41e19442d7_z.jpg

15468281471_31e983b3aa_z.jpg

[video=youtube;tgZR6G-uzyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgZR6G-uzyE&list=UUVs_4zTKTAf-wMKE_oqgOQg[/video]

[video=youtube;7jZb2r3ZQko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jZb2r3ZQko&list=UUVs_4zTKTAf-wMKE_oqgOQg[/video]

I hope my WIP shows that with a little guidance and simple tools most people can make a knife that works. I hope it in some way inspires someone else to create a tool for themselves. I also hope this shows how much better a custom knife from a person who has been at it a while is. There are so many little nuances that their knives have that mine does not. There is a lot of work in each one of their knives and it shows in each piece.

Thanks for viewing.

Jeremy

Back