To the Makers of Things, Show us what you do!

Are these last two pictures cutting boards? They're both awesome.
If I stare at the center of 'dominos' pattern for a second, things start getting wavy and I start having flashbacks. Bonus points!
Yes, thanks. That's was what I was going for. First time I tried the domino pattern. Here's another pattern I done a few of them.
ycV2icP.jpeg

Bragging on a buddy. Items by Mike Vatalero. When Mike was a big outfit bedroll cowboy his nick name was Tapadero since it rhymed with his last name, (a Tapadero is a stirrup covering). So he went by Tap for short. He now has Taps Bit and Spur Shop. this bit was a gift from Nichole my wife for my 50th Bday.

RzwQhFd.jpg

Not just the bit but the silver on the headstall too. Nichole and Tap designed this bit. They hashed it out at a show one time. Took em about 3 hours.

AYpVq9V.jpg

A buckle set he made for me. A gift from Nichole for our tenth anniversary. He had six hours in just removing the back ground silver.

5w5SWKR.jpg

On occasion he'll engrave a knife for me:

zDHHhtG.jpg

XFgA2nC.jpg

FjMLwsT.jpg

His stuff is to be used. That first bit being used:

utxNnBd.jpg

Oops edited to add: That pic above on closer inspection does not show my 50th Bday bit. All that brown hair under that hat I probably wasn't 50 yet! Sorry for the confusion, its a similar one but not the same one. Here's the actual bit last Saturday waiting my turn at a local horse show. See no brown hair under the hat or on the face neither:

HioyGXB.jpg

Just slip the bridle and turn him loose:

DA2yumw.jpg

ELtEdn6.jpg

Last edited:
So they want a Pancake sheath for this knife:

daGR1ls.jpg

7of1a9Z.jpg

Got er done but kinda cray cray inside the sheath:

8am8idU.jpg

Built the welt so that the knife is inserted point down and then rocked up as ya proceed. Then to withdraw the knife abain rock the handle up and this kinda unlocks it.

Back