To the Makers of Things, Show us what you do!

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Whether you make knives, doodads, or doohickies, if you paint, sculpt, fiddle, tinker, hammer, chisel or saw, here's your thread. All members are welcome, knifemakers especially.

If you've want to share your craft on Bladeforums but could never find the right place for it, this is it.

Comments and questions are welcome from anyone and everyone. Feel free to chat and yammer about the projects you see.

From knifemaking to underwater basketweaving, nothing is off topic. As the moderator I ask that that we keep it civil, as Captain Call would say "I can't stand rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it".

So post up your work and let's see what everyone has going on.

Occasionally, I get the itch to customize a knife or mess with the airbrush. Sometimes a combination of the two.

LHaldei.jpg

xg2yyjD.jpg

dPEYBsR.jpg

6UN37Dx.jpg

0fjHWzQ.jpg

SXgk9b0.jpg

9fB8gfv.jpg

kRZqOa3.jpg

Then there is what I do for a living. I spend my days training people to do this or helping them understand how they messed it up. Ron L Ron L Does the same.

iY9zBr1.jpg

nxxxn6Q.jpg

That opinel is sweet, I think I remember when you first posted that way back😂

Oh snap, what is going on with that Opinel Chris?!

In one of the Harry Potter movies, Dumbledore (the head master at the school) uses a customized Opinel. My wife is a huge fan of the series. I wanted to make her a similar knife and had an Opinel #7 lying around so, abracadabra. 🧙‍♂️

Dumbledore-Knife.png

The end cap isn't correct and there is no engraving on the lock ring but she likes it enough to keep it on display in the living room.

I have a #8 in carbon and if I can find the correct end for it, I might do a more detailed version for her someday.

Josh, I always enjoy viewing your knife recovers, looks like you keep busy with other projects also

Occasionally, I get the itch to customize a knife or mess with the airbrush. Sometimes a combination of the two.

LHaldei.jpg

xg2yyjD.jpg

dPEYBsR.jpg

6UN37Dx.jpg

0fjHWzQ.jpg

SXgk9b0.jpg

9fB8gfv.jpg

kRZqOa3.jpg

Then there is what I do for a living. I spend my days training people to do this or helping them understand how they messed it up. Ron L Ron L Does the same.

iY9zBr1.jpg

nxxxn6Q.jpg

Chris, those custom handles are one of a kind, nice work

those bowls look great

Back