To the Makers of Things, Show us what you do!

Finished up this today for the Mrs, reading table.
wPC7oPd.jpeg

Look great John.
Did you use a coal forge or was that in your gasser?
In the gasser, I need to upgrade from my one burner Atlas. It'll forge weld and sips the gas but having more than one project in there at a time is awkward. With the kids forging now we need a bigger chamber.

I have 2 coal forges, a giant one made out of a Fordson tractor wheel and a smaller rivet type forge. I'd love to get one set up some time.

Upgraded Roy from 300 gram German pattern to a 500 gram French, he needed a little more weight and wanted to try that pattern out. Ains moved up to my 800 gram German (though a 600 would be perfect for her I think) and I picked up a 1000 gram Swedish. I've been a little hammer crazy lately getting them swinging the right weight. Hammers and books are two things I don't hesitate investing in, they work the body and mind!

Great to hear from you brother!

In the gasser, I need to upgrade from my one burner Atlas. It'll forge weld and sips the gas but having more than one project in there at a time is awkward. With the kids forging now we need a bigger chamber.

I have 2 coal forges, a giant one made out of a Fordson tractor wheel and a smaller rivet type forge. I'd love to get one set up some time.

Upgraded Roy from 300 gram German pattern to a 500 gram French, he needed a little more weight and wanted to try that pattern out. Ains moved up to my 800 gram German (though a 600 would be perfect for her I think) and I picked up a 1000 gram Swedish. I've been a little hammer crazy lately getting them swinging the right weight. Hammers and books are two things I don't hesitate investing in, they work the body and mind!

Great to hear from you brother!
Nice!
I have a NC two burner from Jantz I picked up when we lived just up the road from them. Have the parts for a coal out of a semi truch wheel, I just need to assemble it as well at some point. They are a little on edge aroung here because of the forest fires, but the gasser isn't a problem.

Thanks hermano!

Oh wow! That's awesome Scooter!😲👍
Kim and I have been messing with little tables since we have access to nice planks of cedar and juniper. Not as fancy as yours, but something we can do together. Plus we finally have a shop with more than 1 darn outlet in it!View attachment 2480904View attachment 2480905View attachment 2480906
Very cool and great work. After dealing with a similar electrical problem as yours in my shop and after centuries of just living with it, we had the juice situation completely redone. After all you learn you can run that and that at the same time but not that with this. Just yesterday the electrician finished with pulling in three whole new circuits and re lighting the whole place.The lighting situation is like a night lite next to a super nova. We got more lumens now for sure! He left one of the old fluorescents up for lighting up the door area just coming into the shop case ya heading to the beer fridge or the freezer. Ya have that one on and hit the other switch and ya think the fluorescent went out! Really is that much difference. Wasn't cheap but dang why did we wait so long?

Yes sir, that's irritating to have one bulb and maybe two outlets on one 20 amp breaker!
We now have 110 amp service for the shop...I don't know what to do with it all! 🤠👍

Some more gun leather from me:

PXeFSCP.jpg

rsWMKbx.jpg

This one is for a large loop lever in .44mag. This is Wicket and Craig chestnut saddle leather instead of my usual russet.

Water Buffalo overlay for a 5" 1911 (Ruger 10mm):

CLglt1Q.jpg

Making sheaths for other folks knives is a big part of our business. I called this the peacock order. The pancake sheath for the orange Benchmade was stitched in turquoise and the belt was stitched in lime green and orange:

vdG1oP6.jpg

izW6exY.jpg

My wife Nichole has been busy too.

This was for a local guy and a good customer to give to his wife on Valentine's Day. She wanted one for a makeup bag. While most folks would look at this bag and say a man's shaving kit, we've sold quite a fe as makeup bags.

25j1LO4.jpg

Knocking the winebags out of the park too, lately. This one was personalized as a gift for someone retiring.

q0Y6IR7.jpg

m2i56h2.jpg

uUliHxW.jpg

0DB3NV5.jpg

Padded dividers protect the bottles.

7CrEcWe.jpg

All water buffalo except for the turqouise underlayment making the initials. And another. Black water buffalo this time:

Qi2hoPK.jpg

bHLk1S9.jpg

tDH8lVT.jpg

j3HGW7O.jpg

And a prototype she's been test driving:

hEiQDMq.jpg

Finally got this kitchen island installed for a friend. Ribbon Sapele, 9 feet long, 39 inches wide and inch and half thick. Glad to have this one out of the shop.
qK90WL0.jpeg
Thats very cool!

Haven't made one of these in some years. Cause the beechs try to jump off the grinder and bite you bad. I got cut on this three times and that was before I sharpened it.

MfoDAI6.jpg

2AYTY7z.jpg

Back