Todd Begg Steelcraft Mini Bodega Flipper 3" S35VN made by Reate

What happened to the finger choil? I thought they were supposed to have one.

*Nevermind, it looks like it has one, just very subtle.

Last edited:
Hopefully, KnifeCenter will ship your order today and since you're in Florida and KC in Virginia it'll be just a matter of a few short days before you have it in hand.

No I ordered from BWL, so hopefully Steve will get it on its way just as fast!

Steves are on the way you should be getting your knife any day know. Steve works really hard to do these preorders.

I'm sorry… I don't. I am kind of weird. I clean out all of my junk and trash email. I received three emails from Steve…The first email said that these knives were a week out and I was sent an invoice for the remaining $420. The second email stated that they had reached Todd Begg and this included a picture of what he called "Eye Candy." I replied to the second email and asked Steve if he had an update. The third email he sent me was a reply that stated that the knives were in route and would reach the store probably today.

Steves are on the way you should be getting your knife any day know. Steve works really hard to do these preorders.

Yes. Steve has been great. Awesome customer service. Fantastic communication. I would definitely pre-order through Blades We Love, again.

I just got mine and it's a fabulous little EDC flipper. It's a perfect size for EDC where the blade length is 3 inches.

Here are my measurements. It weighs 3.75 ounces. The blade length is 2.98" (that's important for places where the blade length must be under 3 inches) and 0.122" thick. Handle length is 4.1" and thickness is 0.506".

It's not yet as buttery smooth as my Kwaiken. I'll apply some Nano-oil and work it tonight.

It has just the right detent and good flipper action. Blade has no play, centered, very sharp and nice two-tone finish. Great jimping on the blade spine and on the backspacer for reverse grip. Nice jeweled titanium clip. Excellent titanium milling. Solid lockup and it has a steel insert on the lock face.

I was all ready to order the black version, but these pics may have changed my mind! Most other pics of the grey look lighter.

I was all ready to order the black version, but these pics may have changed my mind! Most other pics of the grey look lighter.

The gray is kind of a medium gray. The other thing I like about it is the blade is a nice subtle two-tone. Everything about the gray one makes it look classy and non-threatening!

I've included studio pictures below:

89D56B3D-03F8-4096-9C1D-977A44A98EB7_zpsgth0i4hx.jpg

87F8A25C-1ED2-472E-B103-F55018293AEC_zps3k76fho0.jpg

The gray is kind of a medium gray. The other thing I like about it is the blade is a nice subtle two-tone. Everything about the gray one makes it look classy and non-threatening!

Your pics look better than the studio ones. Too bad you didn't buy both so I could see your pics of the black too:). Non-threatening is good...I guess that's part of the reason I'm wanting this 3" blade:)

Last edited:
You're pics look better than the studio ones. Too bad you didn't buy both so I could see your pics of the black too:) Non-threatening is good...I guess that's part of the reason I'm wanting this 3" blade:)

My pictures were taken outdoors. Also, it depends on how (angle) the sunlight shines on them. Some look darker and some lighter.

Down the road, I may get the black stonewashed one as well unless they start doing anodized versions like they did with the Kwaiken. Perhaps blue/silver or black/gold.

Hi RamZar. Thank you for posting that YT clip! It is lo-res though.. would be great if you could post a hi-res and longer review.

These look absolutely incredible! Actually, everything from the Steelcraft series does. The mini is a bit small for my liking, but I would be in for a full-sized version of this.

Hi RamZar. Thank you for posting that YT clip! It is lo-res though.. would be great if you could post a hi-res and longer review.

You're right. It came out pretty bad. Need to up the resolution. I'll try over the weekend.

Mine came today! Packaging, fit and finish are fantastic! Snappy detent, extremely smooth. Texturing is mild to aggressive, feels very secure and comfortable in hand. I love it!
3562b11cce940fcaaf4fff494cc1380c.jpg

ab9ecf7c81fa7553b632087ed05e32f1.jpg

Just did an impressions video/review on the steelcraft mini bodega, in 1080.

[video=youtube;vB3LxLpmkM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3LxLpmkM0[/video]

Also, I noticed inside of the handles on the bottom millout of the Ti there are numbers stamped... Are these the number in which they were made?

Last edited:
Back