Top Five Traditionals

The following are my top five for the next hour :D

RaQ0NBd.jpg

I struggled with this a bit. Every day at home: Buck 112FG and Vic Fieldmaster. Away from home, might be a Buck 532 Bucklock, but that might be replaced with a Case Tribal Lock or a Case Wharncliffe Copperlock (any of those in a Buck 112 polyester sheath), plus definitely a Vic Minichamp. Also away from home, might be a Case Swayback, but could be a Teardrop, small Stockman, Texas Jack, Peanut, Tiny Trapper, etc. So, I typically have five "in rotation," but not a true top five.

50898702102_164dd57150_b.jpg

I struggled with this a bit. Every day at home: Buck 112FG and Vic Fieldmaster. Away from home, might be a Buck 532 Bucklock, but that might be replaced with a Case Tribal Lock or a Case Wharncliffe Copperlock (any of those in a Buck 112 polyester sheath), plus definitely a Vic Minichamp. Also away from home, might be a Case Swayback, but could be a Teardrop, small Stockman, Texas Jack, Peanut, Tiny Trapper, etc. So, I typically have five "in rotation," but not a true top five.

50898702102_164dd57150_b.jpg

That Buck 532 is one sweet looking knife. Very classy!

Bottom left... A Trapper with a Sheepsfoot???

Yeah - that's another mod (for what I do with a knife, seems I have to have either a sheepsfoot or a wharnie) - tough part is I had to cut a nail nick ... came out fair with a drill press and a dremel grinding wheel - not easy to do nicely without specialized metalworking equipment. Does the job though ...

TkGUiLM.jpg

Yeah - that's another mod (for what I do with a knife, seems I have to have either a sheepsfoot or a wharnie) - tough part is I had to cut a nail nick ... came out fair with a drill press and a dremel grinding wheel - not easy to do nicely without specialized metalworking equipment. Does the job though ...

TkGUiLM.jpg
That’s the nicest nail nick I’ve seen someone try to add. Looks good!

Here is a pic of by far my most carried knives. Even though I still continue to acquire new models I do not see them bumping these out of the rotation. I currently only have five of these left since my TC went missing late last year after a day of yard work :( so I figure these are my 5 until I find it back (I'm still looking :)). I like to have a variety of handle materials to choose from usually to pair up with a modern folder :eek: :
ozsXD7i.jpg

Back