Top Five Traditionals

pmek5

Gold Member
The following are my top five for the next hour :D

RaQ0NBd.jpg

I struggled with this a bit. Every day at home: Buck 112FG and Vic Fieldmaster. Away from home, might be a Buck 532 Bucklock, but that might be replaced with a Case Tribal Lock or a Case Wharncliffe Copperlock (any of those in a Buck 112 polyester sheath), plus definitely a Vic Minichamp. Also away from home, might be a Case Swayback, but could be a Teardrop, small Stockman, Texas Jack, Peanut, Tiny Trapper, etc. So, I typically have five "in rotation," but not a true top five.

50898702102_164dd57150_b.jpg

glocktenman

Gold Member
I struggled with this a bit. Every day at home: Buck 112FG and Vic Fieldmaster. Away from home, might be a Buck 532 Bucklock, but that might be replaced with a Case Tribal Lock or a Case Wharncliffe Copperlock (any of those in a Buck 112 polyester sheath), plus definitely a Vic Minichamp. Also away from home, might be a Case Swayback, but could be a Teardrop, small Stockman, Texas Jack, Peanut, Tiny Trapper, etc. So, I typically have five "in rotation," but not a true top five.

50898702102_164dd57150_b.jpg

That Buck 532 is one sweet looking knife. Very classy!

Bottom left... A Trapper with a Sheepsfoot???

Yeah - that's another mod (for what I do with a knife, seems I have to have either a sheepsfoot or a wharnie) - tough part is I had to cut a nail nick ... came out fair with a drill press and a dremel grinding wheel - not easy to do nicely without specialized metalworking equipment. Does the job though ...

TkGUiLM.jpg

Sacto

Basic Member
Yeah - that's another mod (for what I do with a knife, seems I have to have either a sheepsfoot or a wharnie) - tough part is I had to cut a nail nick ... came out fair with a drill press and a dremel grinding wheel - not easy to do nicely without specialized metalworking equipment. Does the job though ...

TkGUiLM.jpg
That’s the nicest nail nick I’ve seen someone try to add. Looks good!

pearl2291

Gold Member
Here is a pic of by far my most carried knives. Even though I still continue to acquire new models I do not see them bumping these out of the rotation. I currently only have five of these left since my TC went missing late last year after a day of yard work :( so I figure these are my 5 until I find it back (I'm still looking :)). I like to have a variety of handle materials to choose from usually to pair up with a modern folder :eek: :
ozsXD7i.jpg