Tops Knives: Show ‘em if you have ‘em

Who remembers when Tops used to make folders?

Magnum CQT:

CksRbul.jpg

The serrations, yay or nay?

Man, you know me wayyy too well. I was going to mention 'em, but didn't.

About 95% of the time, serrations are a "nay" for me...and this knife is no different. If I had my druthers, I'd take this blade without the serrations.

I get why they did it, though. I reckon they wanted to produce a (*relatively) compact and robust tool that would make a great "all'rounder" and had a bit of everything. (straight edge, serrations, and sawback)

Man, you know me wayyy too well. I was going to mention 'em, but didn't.

About 95% of the time, serrations are a "nay" for me...and this knife is no different. If I had my druthers, I'd take this blade without the serrations.

I get why they did it, though. I reckon they wanted to produce a (*relatively) compact and robust tool that would make a great "all'rounder" and had a bit of everything. (straight edge, serrations, and sawback)
Great answer! I got the 107 and 105E on the radar! I just can’t stay away from Tops or CPK.

I asked because the "black" Micarta on that #3 doesn't seem to match any of the black Micarta on any of my other TOPS. Weird.

The Tracker is a great design, in my humble opinion. The #1 offers the most bang-for-the-buck, for my dollars. It kinda' gives you small camp hatchet/field knife combo in a relatively compact and packable design.

I've never understood the "hate", but chalked it up to folks hating on it without ever having actually used one. I reckon the exposure of the design, in cinema, also brought-out quite a few cynics.

#1, #3, #2, and #4, respectively...

20230701_143831 (BF).jpg

I asked because the "black" Micarta on that #3 doesn't seem to match any of the black Micarta on any of my other TOPS. Weird.

The Tracker is a great design, in my humble opinion. The #1 offers the most bang-for-the-buck, for my dollars. It kinda' gives you small camp hatchet/field knife combo in a relatively compact and packable design.

I've never understood the "hate", but chalked it up to folks hating on it without ever having actually used one. I reckon the exposure of the design, in cinema, also brought-out quite a few cynics.

#1, #3, #2, and #4, respectively...

View attachment 2237659
The only issue I have is a shaving edge on wood splitting maul bevel

The only issue I have is a shaving edge on wood splitting maul bevel

I reckon it wouldn't be as bad as you think. While I've chipped them before (*getting a little horsey with 'em), the edges are stupidly tough.

...and I neither work for TOPS nor am trying to entice you.

The "front" edge is almost a 0* saber-vex, with the secondary "draw blade" portion/edge being a flat-saber.

The draw-knife portion is REALLY nice for creating a flat edge on a large chunk of limb or limbs (*to use as a flat "working" area while camping/cooking), or making two flat-edged limbs to use as an elevated perch for your camp grill/rack.

As I've mentioned, everyone is different, and your mileage may vary.

I've told y'all about this before...

luethge's post reminded me that I never purchased an "Outpost Command" because I was waiting for the production date of two "Prototypes" that TOPS revealed a couple of years ago. I waited patiently. 2021?...Nothing. 2022?...Nothing. Then, as I shared with y'all a few weeks back, "Dylan" (*TOPS' Dealer Rep) assured me that the plans to produce the knives were not axed, and I should see something within a few weeks.

Well, he wasn't lying. I reckon this is the first one that any of you have seen out under the sun & sky. Enjoy...

View attachment 2235093

Mine should be here next week....

( I was hoping I would be the first to post first pics of the 105 in the wild.....damn!!!) 🤣

Back