Tops Knives: Show ‘em if you have ‘em

Brother, I am SO sorry.

I saw the question you posted for me, but have been busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kickin' contest...and never got around to answering you. Mea culpa.

I have to agree with Shane, but will add...

Honestly, I also don't think your "C" Delta will come in "Acid Rain". Those haven't been available in a bit. (*unless you managed to score some hidden New/Old/Stock) I believe they've switched to Bronze Cerakote...which will be much better than the "Acid Rain", in my very humble opinion. (*I've never been a fan of the acid finish)

And, I'll just quote Shane so that you're straight on your needs... (*He's ABSOLUTELY correct)
Well, I received my 107-C with the rocky mountain tread scales and your right it does have the brown coated blade. It's a pretty nice knife overall all. I need the 107-E now. Thanks, folks, for all the info and pics.

Well, I received my 107-C with the rocky mountain tread scales and your right it does have the brown coated blade. It's a pretty nice knife overall all. I need the 107-E now. Thanks, folks, for all the info and pics.
I actually just sold a bunch of my Tops knives that were not seeing use. Out of 10, I now have 4. I’m only adding 1-2 more, and one of them is the 107-E. The other is an Apache Dawn.

Last edited:
I don't see much love for the big daddy of all Steel Eagles, the 111. Perhaps rightly so - this thing is completely and totally impractical for 99% of all my knife usage requirements, but there's always that last 1%. You know, the zombie apocalypse, EOTWAWKI, etc. in which case, this is definitely the knife I am grabbing. :)

IYjzwcd.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see much love for the big daddy of all Steel Eagles, the 111. Perhaps rightly so - this thing is completely and perfectly impractical for 99% of all my knife usage requirements, but there's always that last 1%. You know, the zombie apocalypse, EOTWAWKI, etc. in which case, this is definitely the knife I am grabbing. :)

IYjzwcd.jpg

KELAMA KELAMA has posted his a few times.

Ya' know man, initially, I woulda' told you that I don't know why I don't have one of those. However, over the last few years, the "Hunter's Point" inventory has really dried-up. (*Hell, I can remember after COVID, the whole TOPS well was almost completely dry) The Tantos seem to be pretty readily available, but I'd really like to hold-out for the hunter's point.

I've recently found some HP 111A's but am not familiar with the online Retailer. I'm not paranoid about fakes or knock-offs, but do think about it sometimes when I'm not buying from someone who's well-known/established.

I've told y'all about this before...

luethge's post reminded me that I never purchased an "Outpost Command" because I was waiting for the production date of two "Prototypes" that TOPS revealed a couple of years ago. I waited patiently. 2021?...Nothing. 2022?...Nothing. Then, as I shared with y'all a few weeks back, "Dylan" (*TOPS' Dealer Rep) assured me that the plans to produce the knives were not axed, and I should see something within a few weeks.

Well, he wasn't lying. I reckon this is the first one that any of you have seen out under the sun & sky. Enjoy...

20230629_114724 (BF).jpg

Last edited:
Ya' know, coolbreezy37 coolbreezy37 and I have corresponded on MANY occasions.

Like some guys here, he buys/sells/trades knives like a knife Retailer.

Despite that, I TRULY hope that he uses and beats his 107C as it deserves...and FALLS IN LOVE with it. (*Afterall, he told me that his Dad gave it to him, as a gift)

Who needs a splitting axe, when they have a TOPS "Steel Eagle"?

I can't tell if this thing is a "low Saber" or a "high Scandi", but it splits wood like a maul/wedge...and cuts like a Buck 119...

20230629_172608 (BF).jpg

Last edited:
Ya' know, coolbreezy37 coolbreezy37 and I have corresponded on MANY occasions.

Like some guys here, he buys/sells/trades knives like a knife Retailer.

Despite that, I TRULY hope that he uses and beats his 107C as it deserves...and FALLS IN LOVE with it. (*Afterall, he told me that his Dad gave it to him, as a gift)

Who needs a splitting axe, when they have a TOPS "Steel Eagle"?

I can't tell if this thing is a "low Saber" or a "high Scandi", but it splits wood like a maul/wedge...and cuts like a Buck 119...

View attachment 2235506
This is true, and I’ll tell you I’ve perfecting my collection for the past year, so like firearms, knives come and go. One knife that will never leave my is the Steel Eagle. It’s just too good of a knife. One of the few knives that would truly outlast the apocalypse.

"but it splits wood like a maul/wedge...and cuts like a Buck 119..."

yeah, I've come to really appreciate Tops' heat treat.
👍

I know (*from your posts) that you're a "Buck" guy, like me.

My "Buck Love" comes watching my Dad gut/skin/quarter countless Whitetail, with nothing more than his trusty "110"...over about three or more decades.

Unlike a few of the TOPS fanbois (*who dig their unique designs and crazy model names), my "TOPS Love" comes from me USING 'em...HARD.

In the last decade, I've come to respect their strength and performance...and their unrivaled heat treat of 1095.

Man, as far as I'm concerned, they make miracles happen with "that old/outdated steel".

Your mileage may vary...

Back