Tops Knives: Show ‘em if you have ‘em

A little Steel Eagle "C" love for y'all this morning... ❤️

View attachment 2245973

Man- You're always killing it with your awesome stable of toxic masculine, Topps knives, Brah!!

And speaking of "toxic masculinity"- Just this past Thursday early evening, I had just arrived home from a very long hard hot day at work, and was in the process of unloading my carpentry tools out of the back of my truck... when my hot Swedish neighbor came walking up, asking me if I had an axe she could use. I told her to hold on and went opened the garage and brought out a rigging axe and asked it this would work. She said it would be perfect and then went on her merry way; apparently she had a cacti plant she needed removed, cut down to the base.....

So about 10 minutes later after I had all my tools put away.....Being the considerate neighbor I am, I decided to check in and see how this petite damsel in distress was doing. I also brought along my Topps chopper just in case. Just as I had thought, she was struggling; she was definitely in need of a much stronger toxic masculine alpha figure to help her get the job done, safely, as she had only made it about a 1/3 of the way through the cacti plant. So she's eyeing me up and down with a sparkle in her eye (I'm wearing my cowboy hat a surf tank top/carhartt work pants and my big massive Topps chopper in hand).... I tell her, "let me handle this, sweetheart." About 3-4 minutes later, I had the job done....I tipped my hat, bicep completely pumped, And.............Yada Yada Yada....she went up and brought down a couple of cold IPA's......

301196488_10223113187118207_7255186956222717791_n.jpg359501302_10225190791657022_6865743198566430837_n.jpg359490505_10225190790857002_8326739690498943203_n.jpgView attachment 2252743300125807_10223093923996641_7319477865116204505_n.jpgView attachment 2252747

For my neighbor (from the look in her eyes anyway), this was kind of like a scene right out of "Cool Hand Luke"....except with the roles, reversed.....

The moral to this story is: I'm really a great caring neighbor and I'm always there to help any one of them out.

Man, that think is NICE.

I didn't realize that they were available again. It seemed to me that they weren't available for the longest time. So, I reckon I hadn't checked in a bit.

Great score, man! 👍
Appreciate it, J.J! I’ve been wanting one of these for a while, they were out of stock for so long. Excellent quality knife!

TOPS Battle Blades Wolfhawk picatinny rail mount knife

i-5SkGrd9-XL.jpg

i-FPpSMkz-XL.jpg

i-fRPBx8m-XL.jpg

RL

Man- You're always killing it with your awesome stable of toxic masculine, Topps knives, Brah!!

And speaking of "toxic masculinity"- Just this past Thursday early evening, I had just arrived home from a very long hard hot day at work, and was in the process of unloading my carpentry tools out of the back of my truck... when my hot Swedish neighbor came walking up, asking me if I had an axe she could use. I told her to hold on and went opened the garage and brought out a rigging axe and asked it this would work. She said it would be perfect and then went on her merry way; apparently she had a cacti plant she needed removed, cut down to the base.....

So about 10 minutes later after I had all my tools put away.....Being the considerate neighbor I am, I decided to check in and see how this petite damsel in distress was doing. I also brought along my Topps chopper just in case. Just as I had thought, she was struggling; she was definitely in need of a much stronger toxic masculine alpha figure to help her get the job done, safely, as she had only made it about a 1/3 of the way through the cacti plant. So she's eyeing me up and down with a sparkle in her eye (I'm wearing my cowboy hat a surf tank top/carhartt work pants and my big massive Topps chopper in hand).... I tell her, "let me handle this, sweetheart." About 3-4 minutes later, I had the job done....I tipped my hat, bicep completely pumped, And.............Yada Yada Yada....she went up and brought down a couple of cold IPA's......

View attachment 2252720View attachment 2252740View attachment 2252741View attachment 2252743View attachment 2252746View attachment 2252747

For my neighbor (from the look in her eyes anyway), this was kind of like a scene right out of "Cool Hand Luke"....except with the roles, reversed.....

The moral to this story is: I'm really a great caring neighbor and I'm always there to help any one of them out.

I was looking forward to seeing a hottie with a blade in her hand🙄

Anyone know what model this is?

Like Alone Alone said, it's the "Lil' Roughneck", one of the holdovers from a time when TOPS' naming conventions were much more over-the-top than they are, now.

It was retired from their lineup ("honorably discharged"), at least a year or two ago, and they are getting hard to find at retailers.

Bladeforums has rules about naming or linking to other websites, which were made for good reasons. If you wanted to, you could look up websites where people can post items for other people to bid on, as if they were at an auction.

If you did this, you would eventually find a couple of Roughnecks for sale.

It's no surprise that it feels very secure in your hand, and in every other way that matters, too. I was determined to use mine as a cutting tool, so I spent some time (about one highball glass' worth) working on the edge. As it arrived, the edge on mine was at a 45 degree angle. Hopeless for anything besides being hammered in to split firewood. I made the bevel wider on both sides, and slightly convex. I'm still not afraid of doing whatever with it, but now it will actually cut mundane things.

Sort of. The honest truth is that the thing is just too damn thick to be really good at cutting. Loving attention with a hard Arkansas stone had that edge to where it would just shave hair, but once the knife gets anywhere past the bevel, it just wants to tear a hole in anything more delicate than leather of burlap.

The same stubborn optimism makes me try to carry the thing around with me, once in a while. If you decide to inconvenience yourself in this way, the first item you will want is a good belt.

Again, the distance across the spine makes it a unique experience to travel with this knife. If you're willing and able to open carry, most of those problems go away. If you want to be more discrete, I haven't found anything that really works, yet.

The pocket clip on the stock sheath is well built, but the attachment method is problematic. It stands off way too far from the sheath to be practical for IWB. I took the clip off, then hooked about four inches of bead chain to the hole at the bottom of the sheath. This lets me use an old trick that I learned somewhere, looping the bead chain through a belt loop, so knife and sheath hang inside my pocket. Obviously, if you're wearing close-fitting trousers, somebody is likely to ask if you're just happy to see them.

AHEM. If you're willing to muck about with custom sheaths, you can probably get something more comfortable to work. An inside the waistband (IWB) sheath seems like it would be the best compromise for trying to make this your main everyday. Otherwise, you're looking at something like an armpit or ankle sheath. Both would be almost perfect at keeping the knife from scaring the gentle souls, at the tradeoff of being very difficult to access.

Last edited:
I didn't know whether to post this or not because it looks like the thread is dying and I didn't know if I should just go ahead and let it.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't help myself. After months of waiting for one of these, they finally started showing up again at well-known/reputable dealers. Here's my new TOPS 111A Hunter's Point... (*Even for a "big knife" guy like me, this thing is remarkably heavy)

20230911_153650 (BF).jpg

*Now KELAMA and Shane aren't the only ones who can show-off.

Back