• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Trade Deal with Silent Arrow

tldr There were shipping issues that were my fault, I apologized, and SilentArrow kept both the knife I had sent him in trade, and the one I had traded him for. He will not respond to text or DM.

I hate doing this but I'll bring it to the community to arbitrate:

Earlier this year I posted a Rodent Waki for trade. SilentArrow messaged me on February 17th, and we agreed on a trade, his NMFSH for my Waki. On February 22, I shipped the Waki. He said he had delays because of work, but finally shipped his of February 27th.

His package arrived as planned. Mine did not, and after being listed as undeliverable, I checked and realized I had given him the wrong zip code. I immediately informed him and apologized. I tried calling and going to the post office that should have had it. They were closed when I tried to go. I had just started a new job so I was only able to go on my lunch breaks. I tried calling and leaving several more messages at the post office so I could coordinate picking it up, but never received a response.

I kept SilentArrow informed and on March 9th he told me that his post office had informed him the package was in Sandston, VA and I should immediately go there to get it. As this was the middle of the day and would be a 3hr round trip, I let him know that this was not possible, I apologized profusely for the situation and, as it was on its way back to him, offered to pay whatever shipping costs there might be ahead of time. He was quite angry (somewhat understandable). I continued to apologize as it was my error, but just asked that he let me know when it got back.

I had a lot going on, and didnt think much of it, especially with Corona for a while. I never heard from him though. On April 28th and May 1, I sent texts asking for him to please let me know if the knife had made it back to him and how we could proceed. No response. I messaged him via DM on here on May 5th. No response.

I know things are hard with corona, and I wouldnt begrudge anyone being slow or absent minded. At this point though, he has stolen my knife. I just want him to follow through on his end of the deal, and I will still pay shipping. I have screenshots of all the conversations if I should post that to the thread.

I'm a bit confused. You say "SilentArrow kept both the knife I had sent him in trade, and the one I had traded him for", but then you also say "His package arrived as planned." Can you clarify?

ETA: Nevermind...when you said "his package" I thought you meant the one he sent to you, not the one you sent to him.

Last edited:
Everyone is going around and around with the USPS. Ya it’s a pain in the ass and mistakes happen. He should man up and accept your apology and re-ship the knife. Not a big deal and not worth getting mad enough to just say screw it and keep both.

If he has been returned the knife he sent you, it is not acceptable for him to keep it. I am presuming he did the shipping online. It should never have been accepted if done at the PO. I have had this happen a few times and they correct it right there. It is not all that unusual and nothing for him to get angry over, but as you offered, you should pay for the 2nd shipping.
People screw up the zip codes, They screw up the PP address. We should be more careful, but things happen.

Like I said, my mistake, I’m responsible for shipping 100%. I take no issue with that at all. I’m not cool with him shorting me a $700 dollar knife, either my sword or his. I’m not looking to make a big deal which is why I tried reaching out to him so many times first. I don’t want anything out of this besides what’s mine.

I had a shipper transpose 2 numbers in my zip code - an error he discovered & admitted when I contacted him about the knife being in the wrong place. All the he (and your shipper) had to do was contact USPS & redirect the package.

One thing that is not clear to me based on what you have posted is where that knife is. You've indicated no response from @SilentArrow, so he hasn't told you that he received it. Do you know if he recalled the package? Have you tried running the tracking number? (If so, what does it say?)

Let me say this.... USPS offers a service called PACKAGE INTERCEPT. They will stop and hold a package on the delivery end.... or return it. It is NOT free, but it’s there. Also. When you track a package on the USPS website scroll down. You have options - shipment details- tracking history- DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS. You could have corrected the address there. Next time, GO TO YOUR POST OFFICE and let them know what’s going on.

Monofletch Monofletch I did go to my post office. They take a 1.5 hr lunch closing. At the time I was working 7-6 with 1hr for lunch at 12. That is why I called my branch of the post office that had the package and repeatedly left messages with the tracking number asking that it be held

hhmoore hhmoore He sent me a picture of a piece of paper he had printed out showing it was being returned.

I just ran it, so there could be no question and it was returned to him on March 11th. So it’s not just my word, I’ve attached the screen grab.
8OTIanY

https://imgur.com/a/8OTIanY

Monofletch Monofletch I did go to my post office. They take a 1.5 hr lunch closing. At the time I was working 7-6 with 1hr for lunch at 12. That is why I called my branch of the post office that had the package and repeatedly left messages with the tracking number asking that it be held
Your local post office closed for lunch? Which zip code?

The key with any delivery issue is time! Call, email, visit your local p.o. if you have one that says delivered and you didn’t get it- undeliverable- anything. The faster you contact the post office the better chance of correcting the issue!

Where is his NMFSH?

If I'm reading the OP right, SilentArrow, got it back on March 11th, so he now has both knives.

He needs to step up and address this, OP should pay shipping to get it back to him, since the original SNAFU was his fault, but SA has no business keeping both knives.

Back