Traditional and Modern pairings

Have fun!

I was carrying this Flashy Friday combo yesterday:
JgCM5ve.jpg

I bought the Chaparral back when they first came out (in S30V), so no Ramen was consumed. ;)
Very nice! :cool::thumbsup:
I don't know about you, but if I ever carry a modern these days (seldom), it's for "showing off" to friends.
The Traditional comes out to actually cut something. :D

Very nice! :cool::thumbsup:
I don't know about you, but if I ever carry a modern these days (seldom), it's for "showing off" to friends.
The Traditional comes out to actually cut something. :D
I only have a few modern "show off" knives, and a number of beaters for messy jobs like caulking and painting. It's nice to be able to open and close one handed when up on a stepladder or holding something with the other hand.
Most of the time though, I'm using the traditional. :cool::thumbsup:

I really like it ! It hasn’t left my pocket since I received it. It’s so light but feels solid it’s a great modern traditional.
cool, a bit bigger than I usually carry, but something to consider. it reminds me of my Dunlap linerless knives

This Buck was outside with me today doing yard work when Joe the mailman showed up with the Ka-Bar. It is my first ever “modern” folder, but honestly besides the thumb-stud and the pocket clip (both of which are entirely unnecessary), it really isn’t that different from a traditional lock-back. I have to say, although the materials and construction are similar to the Buck, and the price was almost exactly the same, I like the Buck a lot better. Still, I’m glad I got it. I wanted to try something modern just to see, but wasn’t willing to spend a lot of money or buy something made in you-know-where. I think I will eventually rebuild it in brass and wood, though.
ahv4EV0.jpg

Rhetorical Question:
For the purposes of this conversation, would the Buck 110 'Folding Hunter' be considered "modern" since it didn't exist prior to1964?

Back