Traditional French Fry day

A very special Laguiole by Virgilio Munoz. 14 cm , the blade is damask steel, scales are made out of ebony with brass wire inlays. The "mouche" is an "abeille mécanique", a mechanical bee with wings that can be mechanically deployed and retracted.

IMG_1865.jpeg

IMG_1866.jpeg

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1859.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1863.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1864.jpeg

A very special Laguiole by Virgilio Munoz. 14 cm , the blade is damask steel, scales are made out of ebony with brass wire inlays. The "mouche" is an "abeille mécanique", a mechanical bee with wings that can be mechanically deployed and retracted.
Another hunting knife by Jean Tanazacq. A "Troncay 1". This is one of his very early knives, I would guess somewhere inbetween 1980 and 1983.
You have a very impressive Collection, SD!!!
What Wonders!!! 😯 :D

waynorth waynorth That's some stunning curly birch!

Today, I have a French and Spanish combo with similar blades. What would you call the blade shape? Modified wharncliffe, or something entirely different?
Thank You!! I lucked out on the birch!!

The functions of your knives must be very close to a Wharncliffe, Steve!!??

waynorth waynorth That's some stunning curly birch!

Today, I have a French and Spanish combo with similar blades. What would you call the blade shape? Modified wharncliffe, or something entirely different?

View attachment 2494811
Afaik its a sheepfoot blade on that Montpellier. At least my book on french beauties calls it that way when looking up that knife.
Similar knifes are also known as Seurre as far as I remember.

I'll let you in on a secret. If you have a good one, that's all you need. There are billions out there who get through each day without a knife. 😱

However, these parts are fertile grounds for the breeding of knives. Without intending to, I have somehow gotten two handfuls of laguioles over the past couple of years.

Back