Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Beautiful!! thanks for posting. I think we should of kept this rifle (caliber) or a variant as our standard issue. Good training
You're not alone in your thinking. The pros and cons of the M14 / 7.62 is a fairly active debate. Today, it still has an important role (and will for sometime to come) in our nation's defense, even if it is not the current standard issue.

Last edited:
BWebTaP.jpg

This is an old picture. I could never decide whether to post it in guns or bling.
24q8e43.jpg

I bought the Rock Island used instead of the Rugers and Smiths, because it's a six-shooter instead of five, the chamber walls look thick enough to do their job, and the gun is heavy enough not to go flying over my shoulder when I fire it.
Unfortunately, it's also heavy enough to get me arrested for walking around with my pants around my ankles.

The gun is inscribed Browning but probably a fake from well over a century ago. It's a Belgian Velodog, a type of pistol made for bicycle riders to defend against ankle-biting canines. The velo in velodog is from velocipede. You see, back when bikes first became a thing, dogs absolutely hated them and that was a huge problem. Even when I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon to encounter a crazed dog biting at my pedal-pumping feet. But I just learned to outrun them instead of poppin' them. I haven't seen or heard of that happening in many years so I think dogs have evolved and can now coexist peacefully with bikes.
7r74KPZ.jpg

Yeah, no trigger guard looks dangerous.
Yup, it's a long DA trigger pull, but still.
I think it's fine by itself in the slash pocket of a jacket or vest, but I wouldn't want to wiggle it into a watch pocket or let it get tangled up in key-rings. (Don't want to scratch it anyway, of course.)

I really like your little pistol, and of course the Schrade 825 (or 895 if it is not stainless). Dogs still keep me alert when on my Surly
THANKS! Yep it's an 825 that lived in my tackle box for many years but I retired it from night crawler cutting duty and cleaned it up. And the pistol is tiny. Granted, I have fairly large hands but it fits fully within in my palm.

Back