Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

I actually had to go out today, and decided to go heavy.

AQyS9YW.jpg

D Duckdog

The Terrier was a nice little revolver, my late FIL had a pre Model 32 from the 40’s. Had the short grips and half moon front sight. My brother in law has it now, along with a box of Remington ammo I bought for it in the early 70’s.

I had a friend who had a GP100 and I had to be very very careful when shooting it because it had an extremely sensitive hair trigger. If you breathed on it wrong it would fire. More than once I had it fire sooner than planned because I had just barely touched the trigger as I was lining up the sights.
Single action, I presume?

This one doesn’t have a hair trigger single action. I would have sent it back to Ruger as well, if it was dangerous. I prefer Smith but this is a sweet shooter especially for heavy handloads.

Yes, when shooting it single action. I never like shooting revolvers double action because of the pull, but with that GP100 it would probably be a good idea to stick with double action.

That Ruger may have had post-sale trigger work that lightened the pull a bit too much. It happens.
- Stuart

Both look to be in great shape, Augie. Very nice!
- Stuart

Thanks Stuart, the Remington was heavily used and most likely saw a lot of action. It has WW2 rebuild marks from both Rock Island and Springfield Armory and has an early WW2 Remington Rand replacement slide. Was not used since its last rebuild.

Back