Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

I almost bought a Swedish Mauser in 6.5x55 a couple of years ago. I kind of wish I hadn't passed it up. From what I hear it's an excellent cartridge. Good luck with your hunt 315 315 , maybe this is the year for that rifle.

No where near that:D But the safe is fullo_O I’m pretty content with the stuff I have. The 6.5 has never taken game, which is a shame, but I’m still hopeful.
My "go to" deer rifle is a 6.5 Swede that I sporterized about 30 years ago. I load a 140gr bullet at about 2650 fps, and it is an amazing medium game rifle. I've probably taken 5 deer with it, and a couple of smaller hogs. (I don't get to hunt every year..:()
Last year, I went "off the reservation" and used my .308 to take my deer, but the 6.5 would have worked just as well.
I think you will really enjoy hunting with one... great caliber..

Reactions: 315
My "go to" deer rifle is a 6.5 Swede that I sporterized about 30 years ago. I load a 140gr bullet at about 2650 fps, and it is an amazing medium game rifle. I've probably taken 5 deer with it, and a couple of smaller hogs. (I don't get to hunt every year..:()
Last year, I went "off the reservation" and used my .308 to take my deer, but the 6.5 would have worked just as well.
I think you will really enjoy hunting with one... great caliber..

Thats basically what I load mine to. I’m eating tag soup, but still had a great trip!

2KHNQh2.jpg

Back