Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Here is a pic of my favorite knife and my favorite 22 rifle. It’s an anschutz from 1979 with double set triggers and no import marks. Took me forever to find a mint close to period correct 4x German docter optic (well the docter is from the 90s...had a zeiss 4x on it and it was just bulky) and I sprung for some pricey German eaw roll off rings. It’s so nice I just look at it sometimes. I used to collect guns and sold all of them off except for what I use to hunt and this was one of the few I just couldn’t let go...anyhow great thread folks. I apologize if you have seen the knife before as I have posted pics of it in other threads but they are both my ‘grail’ pieces. 191C45F2-7B55-4337-8F2D-8908EFDEF20D.jpeg

Last edited:
I think these could be considered "traditional":
Colts-Knives-022021.png

k6vgjYTS

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my favorite knife and my favorite 22 rifle. It’s an anschutz from 1979 with double set triggers and no import marks. Took me forever to find a mint close to period correct 4x German docter optic (well the docter is from the 90s...had a zeiss 4x on it and it was just bulky) and I sprung for some pricey German eaw roll off rings. It’s so nice I just look at it sometimes. I used to collect guns and sold all of them off except for what I use to hunt and this was one of the few I just couldn’t let go...anyhow great thread folks. I apologize if you have seen the knife before as I have posted pics of it in other threads but they are both my ‘grail’ pieces. View attachment 1515354

They are both WAY :cool::cool::cool:!
Thanks for sharing them!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave

Does that thing even shoot?

Yup. Not verry accurate, but it shoots! If you research these things they are said to be unsafe, cheap, pot metal Saturday night specials... This one has worked fine for as long as its been in the family. About 50 years. Its mostly a sentimental noise maker for me, but technically it does shoot. (belonged to my brother who died before I was born, then my dad had it, and I inherited it. Dad made the walnut grips for it.)

Yup. Not verry accurate, but it shoots! If you research these things they are said to be unsafe, cheap, pot metal Saturday night specials... This one has worked fine for as long as its been in the family. About 50 years. Its mostly a sentimental noise maker for me, but technically it does shoot. (belonged to my brother who died before I was born, then my dad had it, and I inherited it. Dad made the walnut grips for it.)
That’s a nice heirloom to have. Especially with the grips. I wish my uncle hadn’t sold the .30 cal ww2 rifle (m1 carbine) my grampa carried during the war. I learned to shoot on that at like eight or nine. No hearing protection for us in the Arizona desert back then and I can still hear the ringing...:(

It's nice when the gun comes with a little history.

Back