Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

GEC #97 Sambar Stag and Springfield Armory 1911A1 India Stag

jhPgBB6.jpg

Blues, what type of finish is on that Colt? Cerakote maybe? That's a mighty nice little pocket rocket......

Blues, what type of finish is on that Colt? Cerakote maybe? That's a mighty nice little pocket rocket......
Unfortunately, that's not mine.

Ken Erickson's late father was a police officer and that was his gun. It's one that Ken kept for himself, before his passing.

Ken was a gunsmith before he entered the knife arena. A man of many, many talents.

I believe he made or modified the grips as well, based upon prior conversations.

(I used to carry a bobbed Model 36 S&W on and off the job...and these days a 642-1 around home and walking distances from home.)

Elliott what’s the story on that knife? I keep looking at it thinking canoe? Toothpick? Canoepick? Love the covers.
It's the first knife I commissioned Ken to make for me several years ago when we first became friends on and off the forum.

We designed it together based upon some ideas from a copperhead and hunter pattern...but with blades of my choosing at a closed length of 4 1/8"

I also had Ken make a single blade shadow pattern...

Erickson Shadow.jpgErickson Shadow 4.jpgErickson Bone Hunter5.jpgErickson Bone Hunter4.jpgErickson Bone Hunter3.jpgErickson Bone Hunter2.jpgErickson Bone Hunter1.jpg

It's the first knife I commissioned Ken to make for me several years ago when we first became friends on and off the forum.

We designed it together based upon some ideas from a copperhead and hunter pattern...but with blades of my choosing at a closed length of 4 1/8"

I also had Ken make a single blade shadow pattern...

View attachment 1647536View attachment 1647537View attachment 1647538View attachment 1647539View attachment 1647540View attachment 1647541View attachment 1647542
Thanks man. You have some of the nicest toys 😎👍

Back