Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Crappie71

Basic Member
GEC #97 Sambar Stag and Springfield Armory 1911A1 India Stag

jhPgBB6.jpg

Blues, what type of finish is on that Colt? Cerakote maybe? That's a mighty nice little pocket rocket......

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Blues, what type of finish is on that Colt? Cerakote maybe? That's a mighty nice little pocket rocket......
Unfortunately, that's not mine.

Ken Erickson's late father was a police officer and that was his gun. It's one that Ken kept for himself, before his passing.

Ken was a gunsmith before he entered the knife arena. A man of many, many talents.

I believe he made or modified the grips as well, based upon prior conversations.

(I used to carry a bobbed Model 36 S&W on and off the job...and these days a 642-1 around home and walking distances from home.)

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Elliott what’s the story on that knife? I keep looking at it thinking canoe? Toothpick? Canoepick? Love the covers.
It's the first knife I commissioned Ken to make for me several years ago when we first became friends on and off the forum.

We designed it together based upon some ideas from a copperhead and hunter pattern...but with blades of my choosing at a closed length of 4 1/8"

I also had Ken make a single blade shadow pattern...

Erickson Shadow.jpg Erickson Shadow 4.jpg Erickson Bone Hunter5.jpg Erickson Bone Hunter4.jpg Erickson Bone Hunter3.jpg Erickson Bone Hunter2.jpg Erickson Bone Hunter1.jpg

huntnfishin

Gold Member
It's the first knife I commissioned Ken to make for me several years ago when we first became friends on and off the forum.

We designed it together based upon some ideas from a copperhead and hunter pattern...but with blades of my choosing at a closed length of 4 1/8"

I also had Ken make a single blade shadow pattern...

View attachment 1647536 View attachment 1647537 View attachment 1647538 View attachment 1647539 View attachment 1647540 View attachment 1647541 View attachment 1647542
Thanks man. You have some of the nicest toys 😎👍