Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Probably some spot visited by Norman Clyde…he did a bunch of first ascents in Central and Southern Sierra. Infamous for his huge backpacks which included knives, axes, pistols, ammunition, cast iron pans and numerous books. Was still hauling such packs into the high country well into his 70s.
Can’t figure out why my photos of Norman and his pack imbedded into message I was replying too…here is one again:EC9E75B9-0853-40BA-A0DD-EA6A7DFE085A.jpeg

Guns??? I like guns!!! And knives!!!! Large caliber guns and large caliber knives!!!!!!

c21IUYl.jpg

MrlFFJX.jpg

h6EGNPS.jpg
The model 57 looks to be in great condition. One of if not my favorite calibers and revolvers

I put every bit of that holster wear on this thing personally. Killed lots and lots of raccoons hunting barns in Iowa with terriers back in the 1980's and 90's. It is far and away my favorite handgun. Bought it new back in the late 1970's as my first handgun. Someday, a grandson will own it.

single six case.jpg

What makes the Shiloh so much heavier than the original? Do they have the same barrel length? Does the Shiloh have a noticeably heavier barrel or thicker stock?

An 8lb rifle would have a little kick with a .45-70 load. The velocity wasn't that high but they were throwing a pretty big piece of lead.
The barrel on the original is 34" long, at the mussel it's 13/16" square.
The Shilo is 30" long but is 29/32" square, the stock is much heavier also.
IMG_3095.jpg
I wouldn't think it would matter but the old rifle is chambered for a 44-90

Dave

It's the first knife I commissioned Ken to make for me several years ago when we first became friends on and off the forum.

We designed it together based upon some ideas from a copperhead and hunter pattern...but with blades of my choosing at a closed length of 4 1/8"

I also had Ken make a single blade shadow pattern...

View attachment 1647536View attachment 1647537View attachment 1647538View attachment 1647539View attachment 1647540View attachment 1647541View attachment 1647542
Knives made by the Master and a fine Gentleman

Harry

Back