Traditional Knives and Toys

Lots of toy cars in this thread. My Ford Focus probably seems toy-like to some folks, and most days I get around on foot and/or bus (only put 1500 miles on the car from July 2018 to July 2019), so it's kind of my toy, too. Here's pic of the Focus at the cottage we rent for vacation; probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the yearly mileage occurs during our vacation trip.
delrin.peanut.mark.2open.deckFord.jpg

- GT

20190824-071946.jpg

I found these while nosing around waiting for my wife and daughter to finish shopping. I had the Imperial Congress on me because we were on vacation at the beach and I wanted something useful but easy to replace if it fell out of my pocket on a carnival ride or something. I actually used it a lot.
anh8EYM.jpg

The Caprice reminds me of the 1972 model I had in the 1980s. I cut a huge “sunroof” in it with a jigsaw, duct taped the sharp edges, and rigged a system of mending plates, bolts, and wing nuts so you could put the roof back on when it rained. I glued a plastic 2-headed dragon toy on it as a hood ornament and drove it to the same beach town probably 34 years ago. I don’t remember what knife I was carrying back then, but I definitely remember using my Imperial “Hammer Forged” jack to cut squid for bait during those years so maybe beaches, toys, and Imperials are a recurring theme in my life.

Back