Traditional Knives and Toys

48667687486_401be6d8bb_o.jpg

Mark VII was quite an elegant car. My pop had one for a couple of years in the early sixties. Walnut burl dash, leather seats, two gas tanks. Unfortunately, he had no mechanical skill, and sold it a couple of years before I was old enough to drive.

I envy you :cool: We all have cars we're obsessed with, some of mine are quite modest (various obscure European marques, I know little about US cars really) but the Jag Mark VII or lesser VIII and X are big phantasies:D So is the Bentley Continental and the Buick Roadmaster from the late 40s early 50s, bathtub Packards too..... Toys will have to suffice in this life.

Very cool, both the knife and toy.
Can you post a pic of the knife open whenever you get a chance?
I really like the fact that the toy car has knock offs.

Knock offs, and a jack, and tire levers, a wrench and a mallet, and fresh racing rubber you can spoon onto the rims. Not to mention steering front wheels, and a gearbox for the windup motor with four forward speeds and reverse and a gated shift lever.

Knock offs, and a jack, and tire levers, a wrench and a mallet, and fresh racing rubber you can spoon onto the rims. Not to mention steering front wheels, and a gearbox for the windup motor with four forward speeds and reverse and a gated shift lever.
Dang it, Henry, now I want one!
(thinking out loud ) They can't be cheap........Maybe I will forget....Yeah, that's it just try to forget... ;):D

Actually, not too bad. That Grand Prix Racer lists on the Schuco site for 70 euros. (Currently out of stock)
https://www.schuco.de/en/about-schuco/
I think I misspoke about the trans. The BMW has it, but maybe not the racer. The same trans shows up on some Russian tractors as well. I seem to recall that in the eighties there were some repros, or knockoffs floating around of some of the Schuco miniatures.

Very cool, both the knife and toy.
Can you post a pic of the knife open whenever you get a chance?
I really like the fact that the toy car has knock offs.

You forgot the removable steering wheel, but just one fwd speed. There was also a silver Merc but I just prefered Ferraris (#red car).:)
I had also (but no more alas) a set of Solido, two chassis with engines and 4 exchangeable bodies, which I preferred to play with because the same scale (1/43) as my Norevs, Dinkies and Solidos.

Waynorth-GP.jpg

Actually, not too bad. That Grand Prix Racer lists on the Schuco site for 70 euros. (Currently out of stock)
https://www.schuco.de/en/about-schuco/
I think I misspoke about the trans. The BMW has it, but maybe not the racer. The same trans shows up on some Russian tractors as well. I seem to recall that in the eighties there were some repros, or knockoffs floating around of some of the Schuco miniatures.
Henry, that is most definitely not helping me forget my wanting of these cool toys! ;)

You forgot the removable steering wheel, but just one fwd speed. There was also a silver Merc but I just prefered Ferraris (#red car).:)
I had also (but no more alas) a set of Solido, two chassis with engines and 4 exchangeable bodies, which I preferred to play with because the same scale (1/43) as my Norevs, Dinkies and Solidos.

View attachment 1191270

Thank you for the pic of that amazing Waynorth. :thumbsup:

48680203727_f6810fd795_h.jpg

Back