Traditional Knives and Toys

Daisy Trail Boss, pop gun.
One more of my childhood toys that survived time. Early 70's-ish. I don't know if I could even guess how many (tens of) thousands of times this bad boy has fired. And still has a fairly good report and shoulder kick.

uDcM1QZ.jpg

I've been cleaning out my parents' place the last couple of years. Mom saved my Hot Wheels! I've got maybe a hundred of them stashed under the bed :p
One day, when I was away on holidays, my Grandma came and took all my Dinkies, Solidos, Norevs and Corgies to give them to relative's children WHO DID NOT GIVE A DAMN TO THOSE TOYS! When I came back I was p....d off but t'was too late! :thumbsdown::(:mad:

One day, when I was away on holidays, my Grandma came and took all my Dinkies, Solidos, Norevs and Corgies to give them to relative's children WHO DID NOT GIVE A DAMN TO THOSE TOYS! When I came back I was p....d off but t'was too late! :thumbsdown::(:mad:
If Mom had given them to some kids who would have played with them, or donated them to charity, I'd been ok with it. I'm glad she had the foresight to not just throw them out. I certainly didn't. Mom was a smart cookie :D

A Buddy L Step side that I salvaged from a moving job. Cab was crushed down so straightened that out, then replaced a rear spring, front grill and side mirror, she's ready for heavy haulin now;)
zfqsy5.jpg
Love it. Did a great job. Don't make em like that any more. Oh yeah, the knife is nice too :)

IMG_20190911_135514.jpg

I had a a brief period of time where I collected marbles in my dazed and confused early 20's. I was amazed at some of the craftsmanship in the German ones but also with the early American ones. I would buy lots where I could see marbles with pontils indicating they were handmade. I ended up acquiring so many of these glass spheres and I never really grasped identifying the manufacturers. Anyways lost interest in them after a dedicated 2-3 months.

Anyways I bought a new phone and have been playing with the camera...the glass vase and marbles made the Ohta pop out decent IMHO. This was my first custom traditional and remains a favorite.

Pogonasong Pogonasong I know nothing about marbles but your post motivated me, I think I could lose my mind over them :D And Mr Ohta makes a wonderful knife:thumbsup:

Not a Marbles Knife but this will have to do....;) And what IS a more Traditional toy?:)

I love it hahaha if you ever want any let me know! I have too many!haha they look nice with these beautiful knives.

Back