Traditional Knives and Toys

One of my Tonka's from the early 70's.

aJ7vZXd.jpg

Remember him? Can you recall ever seeing me and him at the same time??? ;):D
That Kissing Crane jack is VERY cool, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Here's another Wingspan shot, showing the boards of two players, followed by a photo of a score sheet of a couple of games:
View attachment 1478696

View attachment 1478697

- GT
I'm not familiar with that game GT but my family loves table games. Mostly cards and dominoes but also board games. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What is that bottom (large?) trapper?

I'm not familiar with that game GT but my family loves table games. Mostly cards and dominoes but also board games. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What is that bottom (large?) trapper?
That Wingspan game took a while to learn, although our daughter had played before, so she could help us "flatten the learning curve". But it's kind of fun because you have to adjust your strategy depending on the cards you get, etc.

The trapper is a Sabre from Ireland. All 3 knives (Schrade 33OT, Imperial stockman, and Sabre trapper) came from someone in the geology department of the college where I worked. He was a SAK guy, and offered me those 3 that he'd accumulated over time. Here's a pic of the knife with the blades partially open:
trap.mark.2open.calendar.jpg

- GT

I've actually played the game of dominoes very seldom in my life, but as kids we built lots of domino towers (and rows of dominoes to illustrate the chain reaction of falling dominoes), and as a math teacher I've often used them to illustrate activities for learning basic facts for addition/subtraction.
Here's a pic of a yellow Imperial small sod buster with all the doubles in a double-9 set of dominoes:
90.dominodoubles.impSBJr.jpg

- GT

That Wingspan game took a while to learn, although our daughter had played before, so she could help us "flatten the learning curve". But it's kind of fun because you have to adjust your strategy depending on the cards you get, etc.

The trapper is a Sabre from Ireland. All 3 knives (Schrade 33OT, Imperial stockman, and Sabre trapper) came from someone in the geology department of the college where I worked. He was a SAK guy, and offered me those 3 that he'd accumulated over time. Here's a pic of the knife with the blades partially open:
View attachment 1478746

- GT

I have an identical one that's my work desk knife. It's in much worse shape. It's about 30 yo old, bought off a cardboard dislpay in a NH hardware store. It's my only Irish knife and one of my Pappy's came from there.

I have an identical one that's my work desk knife. It's in much worse shape. It's about 30 yo old, bought off a cardboard dislpay in a NH hardware store. It's my only Irish knife and one of my Pappy's came from there.
Cool! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I have a couple of Imperial Ireland knives, and I have a Sabre Japan grandaddy Barlow, but the trapper is my only Sabre Ireland example.

Can Christmas tree ornaments be toys? Once upon a time, Hallmark made a whole series of these vessels from various Star Trek TV series and films, and we have at least a half dozen, I think.
LJ.Enterprise.jpg

- GT

Can Christmas tree ornaments be toys? Once upon a time, Hallmark made a whole series of these vessels from various Star Trek TV series and films, and we have at least a half dozen, I think.
lj-enterprise-jpg.1479829

:D :thumbsup:

This is Eleanor’s favorite ornament, because it plays “Holiday Road” when you push the button on the hood. I always put it low on the front of the tree, and at least once a day she’ll walk by, press the button and do a little dance. :D

I6GsWoQ.jpg

Back