Traditional Knives and Toys

Copying the Master ;)
That's a fantastic photo, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

This is Eleanor’s favorite ornament, because it plays “Holiday Road” when you push the button on the hood. I always put it low on the front of the tree, and at least once a day she’ll walk by, press the button and do a little dance. :D

I6GsWoQ.jpg
Cool ornament, Barrett, and it must be great to have the built-in entertainment it provides for Eleanor! ;):cool::cool:

I like that sewing machine truck, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: My wife has several sewing machines, including one into which she can load computerized embroidery patterns. But she also has a Singer Featherweight model (they were made from 1933 to 1969, I think) that looks very similar to the one pictured on the door of your truck. ;)

- GT

I like that sewing machine truck, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: My wife has several sewing machines, including one into which she can load computerized embroidery patterns. But she also has a Singer Featherweight model (they were made from 1933 to 1969, I think) that looks very similar to the one pictured on the door of your truck. ;)

Thank you, Gary.
In fact, this Singer sewing machine is very common in Portuguese houses, there are still many of these old machines.:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

I played with these plastic tubes with magnets in each end, and steel balls as connectors, during the summer. But I can't remember the name of the product, and when I went to the basement to find them this morning, I couldn't locate the box anywhere! :eek::( I wonder if we gave them to young relatives recently. I'll miss the toys.
florist.mark.open.polyhedron.jpg

- GT

Buck Rogers XZ-38 Disintegrator Pistol by Daisy - 1935. I've gotten rid of most all my antique toys, but this is my favorite. I have had this quite a while, and it has been in a shadow box a long time with it's predecessor the XZ-31 & a few other things. I wish I could find a pic of what the flint mechanism that screwed in the top looked like or find one.

ku9VYqQ.jpg

The XZ-31 (also by Daisy) came out just before Christmas in 1934 (year before the XZ-38). It created a price war between Macy's & Gimbel's vying for business, and Daisy had to work overtime to meet demand. Retail was about 50¢ and the price war caused it to sold for less than cost at times. This is a pop-gun and very loud. They don't make toys like this anymore.

jnyLoxq.jpg

I'd consider you the Ultimate Winner in the toy department. :cool::thumbsup:
That's nice of you to say that, but there are many great toys that have been shown that bring back very fond memories. This is a great thread. Keep um coming :)

I agree with John; it's tough to beat a Buck Rogers Disintegrator Pistol, Tim!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
(And I didn't even know such a toy existed until today. :D)

As long as I'm here, Mom used to say, "Don't play with your food." But I can't help it; some food is so much fun to play with, and that makes it a toy, right? ;):cool: (Recycled pic originally used in Barrett's @btb01 counting thread last summer, rotated for maximum entertainment value.)
85.pbm&ms.opinel#6.jpg

- GT

Buck Rogers XZ-38 Disintegrator Pistol by Daisy - 1935. I've gotten rid of most all my antique toys, but this is my favorite. I have had this quite a while, and it has been in a shadow box a long time with it's predecessor the XZ-31 & a few other things. I wish I could find a pic of what the flint mechanism that screwed in the top looked like or find one.

ku9VYqQ.jpg
The awesomeness meter just swung into the red:)
Echoes of a WW2 luger that's being science'd!!

Back