Traditional Knives and Toys

And here is one of my slingshots, from childhood as well. I must have been about 11 years old. I remember searching for a tree branch with my cousin. We painted and put in in the oven on low to dry faster LOL ( my grandma did not approve )
The leather for the pouch we got it after searching for an old shoe in and empty lot where people would throw garbage.
I think this slingshot killed a couple birds too ... for no reason at all, except that that was what many boys did back then...shoot your slingshot at everything that moved... but those were other times, other culture. Seems so distant now !
(knife won @JohnDF GAW:thumbsup:)
aPMfI7z.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic that will cover several threads on here... my granddaughter's Barbie boat, with a book I'm reading, and a finger and a half of Jack Daniel's single barrel Rye whiskey... and a cigar, and to make it pertinent to this forum, my Beagle standing guard.... :cool:

toys_zps5cvnynco.jpg

Here's a pic that will cover several threads on here... my granddaughter's Barbie boat, with a book I'm reading, and a finger and a half of Jack Daniel's single barrel Rye whiskey... and a cigar, and to make it pertinent to this forum, my Beagle standing guard.... :cool:

toys_zps5cvnynco.jpg
The Virgil Flowers novels (and Sandford's "Prey" novels) are great "escapist literature"! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
(I started re-reading Mad River yesterday.)

I keep this old-school "fidget toy" in the car to play with one-handed while driving on long trips:
imp.serp.mark.Vmain.pinktoy.jpg

- GT

The Virgil Flowers novels (and Sandford's "Prey" novels) are great "escapist literature"! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
(I started re-reading Mad River yesterday.)

I keep this old-school "fidget toy" in the car to play with one-handed while driving on long trips:
View attachment 1179717

- GT

I absolutely love the Flowers novels and the Prey series. I think I actually started liking Flowers over Davenport. Glad to know someone else that likes them as well :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kevin, the Hornet is lookin' good!
It's a great little knife, thanks Jeff.

Cool Kevin, I'm gonna have to dig out some of my hot rods, well mine and my boy's:D
Please do, Paul.
I just might have a unusual amount of toys around my house for not having any children. :D

Here's a couple that I took for the Guardian's thread awhile back.

48375329047_d47666436c_h.jpg

48286109031_7bb2db03fb_h.jpg

48407159051_bf7ead3015_h.jpg

I absolutely love the Flowers novels and the Prey series. I think I actually started liking Flowers over Davenport. Glad to know someone else that likes them as well :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yeah, I think Virgil is a more likable guy than Davenport, and I think I relate more to the small town or rural settings that Flowers operates in than I do to Davenport's basically (especially in the earlier novels) big city settings.

Besides, I'll bet Virgil carries a pocket knife, but it would ruin the line of Lucas's tailored trousers! :D
But Davenport DID have his life saved by his future wife when she did a pen knife tracheotomy on him. :rolleyes:

- GT

Back