1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Traditional Knives and Toys

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Just Tom., Aug 9, 2019.

1. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Beautiful. I know your pain. We lost our Blue Heeler dog of 14 years and out cat of about 10 years all in the same week. That was a bad week. Now we have a 9 week old Blue Heeler puppy that is making a pin cushion out of my arms but our other loyal cat is putting her in her place.

JohnDF, Ace Rimmer, Cutfinger and 2 others like this.
  2. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
    What??!! Under the bed is where the monsters are. I would never go under there.
    Seriously though ( :rolleyes: ), that zombie may look like he’s seen better days, but I still think the gnome is way creepier.

JohnDF, r8shell and Crazy Canuck like this.
  3. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    Neither of them is as creepy as that two headed doll :eek:

JohnDF and TheFactor like this.
  4. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    I’ve got one for each of them :D

mbkr likes this.
  5. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    What a cool thread!

Crazy Canuck likes this.
  6. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

cjtamu, peanutsxx, Just Tom. and 16 others like this.
  7. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Wow! You've got your books in alphabetical order by author, like a library or bookstore!

zolthar, JohnDF, TheFactor and 2 others like this.
  8. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

9. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Kevin, the Hornet is lookin' good!

I think these are as close to toys as I get these days. The GREAT Bob Gibson and a repro of the 2004 World Series ring.

[​IMG]

P.S. If you're not familiar with greatness, look up Gibby's 1968 stats. Other-worldly!

10. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Wasn't Gibson one of the reasons they lowered the mound?

JohnDF likes this.
  11. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    MLB lowered the mound by 5" AND reduced the size of the strike zone in 1969 after several years of declining offense. The offensive decline culminated in 1968 with Gibson and his 1.12 ERA, 28 complete games including 13 shoutouts in 34 starts, and .184 opponents BA. In the AL, Denny McClain won 31 games, the first pitcher with 30 wins in decades. Gibson and McClain were league MVPs. Carl Yastrzemski was the only AL player to hit at least .300 in 1968, winning the batting average title with his .301 BA.

- GT

12. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    And the Tigers, who McClain pitched for, beat the Cards, who Gibson pitched for,
    in the 1968 Series.

Prester John likes this.
  13. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Gibby lost game 7 to the eventual MVP of the series, Mickey Lolich, when a ball hit to center field was misplayed by the usually great fielder Curt Flood, scoring the game winning runs. Gibson pitched in the 1964 and '67 World Series also, with a combined record of 7-2 in his 9 starts, 8 of which were complete games. He only gave up 55 hits in 81 innings pitched for a cumulative World Series era of 1.89. He also hit 2 homers in those 9 games.

peanutsxx, Dschal and Prester John like this.
  14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    This Tiger fan, 16 years old at the time, was thrilled and felt very fortunate that "we" beat Gibson in that Game 7. It was the first World Series Detroit had been in in my lifetime.

I like to play around with a slide rule sometimes, so I guess it's a toy! :rolleyes:
    cadet2.mark.openpen.jpg

- GT

15. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Bet you loved the 1984 season too, when the Tigers had a great Gibson too.

16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    DRAGON!!! :eek:
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Just Tom., r8shell and 9 others like this.
  17. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Many years ago I tried my hand at building balsa and tissue airplanes. Had a lot of fun with it and did a fair amount of flying (rubber powered), but haven't done it in quite a while. I gave the Schrade (USA) 885UH to my father about 30 years ago after he lost the knife that he had carried for a many years, and I inherited it after he passed away. The blades are a bit scratched up but otherwise it's still in great shape. (I did have to peen out a bend in the tip of the clip blade. My father was very good with his hands and his tools, but sometimes used whatever was handy rather than taking the time to go get the right one.)

[​IMG]

Dr-Mabuse, peanutsxx, Dschal and 12 others like this.
  18. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Vintage American made cap guns:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TheChunk91, Dr-Mabuse, Lee D and 17 others like this.
  19. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Went digging in the box of memories and treasures from my childhood.
    I have this truck since about 7 years old ( more than 4 decades ago ).
    I clearly remember pulling it with a string during a long wait at a bus terminal in a northern Argentinian province.
    ( knife won @JohnDF GAW :thumbsup: )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Lee D, cjtamu, peanutsxx and 12 others like this.
  20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Those are so cool!!!

paulhilborn likes this.