traditional knives in movies

Seen in the Sardinian episode of Stanley Tucci's show, Searching for Italy.

52439534049_fa7f710c2b_c.jpg

I really need to get me a resolza.

This one has been mentioned in the thread before, way back in 2013 (nearly 10 years ago!), but there weren't any screenshots, so here we go.

In Cast Away, Tom Hanks' character has a SAK attached to his keys. He uses it early in the movie to open a package...

L0J0Ybl.png

n4Bklw2.png

ZTs7YeH.png

...and to unwrap a gift from his girlfriend.

fFCEIjt.png

TMCzFuo.png

Before boarding his flight, he leaves the keys (and knife) with his girlfriend.

LfS9dEA.png

Near the end of the film, the keys are returned to him, and he examines the knife, which, of course, would have been nice to have when he was stranded on an island.

lRsjqGM.png

akSbMYw.png

HQfc9Xv.png

6swFx3T.png

OkYzjDn.png

There isn't much to go on if you wanted to identify the model (and I'm not very good at that when it comes to SAKs anyways). I suppose it's notable that it's a full-size SAK (91mm?), as opposed to a Classic which you might expect to find attached to keys. It appears to have two layers, and the only tools you really get a look at are the main blade and the corkscrew.

I was watching Our Vines Have Tender Grapes, and in it a young Margaret O’Brien gives her father, played by Edward G Robinson, what appears to be a cigar jack as a Christmas present. Sorry, no screenshot. Likewise for the knife Bogart uses to cut open the wrapping on the Maltese Falcon, that is so fast that it’s hard to pin down the pattern.

Well I for one wouldn't mess with him, not because he has a knife though. Any man that would wear that shirt is either crazy or exceptionally confident in themselves!

Is that a ring in the crossguard?
😂😂😂 👍 In fact it 's part of a clown outfit. I would not mess with the other guy either, Lino Ventura was a former professionnal wrestler before acting.

It looks like a combined knife/knuckleduster? Lino V was a very cool presence, usually.

Back