Traditional Knives & Slingshots

Keep that coin in your pocket when using it. You might just turn into Mr Wick with that thing 🤣🤣.
Will do Paul, might be the nearest I get to firearms this side of the British government reintroducing conscription! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

The SimpleShot Axiom Occularis Pro comes in a very nice package, with a neoprane case, Occularis plugs, bands, and a small amount of ammo (both clay and steel) to match the bands :)

4v1hBhd.jpg

d9rhaWR.jpg

I thought I'd band it up today, but like most slingshot users, I prefer my own bands. These are Wasp's light ammo bands, as I want to get to know the Axiom with some forgiving ammo first. I'll probably fit some black GZK bands later.

NbZIReQ.jpg

I saw this idea a few years back, and as I already had some of these skulls beads, I thought I'd give it a try. Never got round to it until now, but I've replaced the steel balls which usually sit inside the Occularis plugs with them. I reckon John Wick would approve! 🤣

eSqkkDW.jpg

Been a while since I last did some plinking, but The Grim Reaper was accurate straight from the get go! 🤣;):thumbsup:

Last edited:
I seem to get more fork whacks with a TTF than I do with a OTT. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anyone got some insight to share?

Did a little random plinking today with the Scout X

View attachment 2496810

Broke the band on this one the other day. Rebanded it and plinked a bit.View attachment 2496866
How're you finding those two David? :cool: :thumbsup:
I seem to get more fork whacks with a TTF than I do with a OTT. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anyone got some insight to share?
It might be that your bands and ammo aren't well-matched, ie you're using heavier bands than necessary for the ammo :thumbsup: I fire almost entirely OTT, but even with TTF, I don't get fork hits. I did once hit the back of my hand though, which wasn't fun! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

How're you finding those two David? :cool: :thumbsup:
Great with the Scout X. Having some getting use to the TTF Gamekeeper since I usually fire OTT.
It might be that your bands and ammo aren't well-matched, ie you're using heavier bands than necessary for the ammo :thumbsup: I fire almost entirely OTT, but even with TTF, I don't get fork hits. I did once hit the back of my hand though, which wasn't fun! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
I've hit the back of my hand before. Once really bad. Don't care to repeat that.
Took my Axiom Occularis PRO out to the woods, the other day, with my pal Matt, and his two kids :thumbsup:

View attachment 2497326View attachment 2497327
Looks like fun!

Great with the Scout X. Having some getting use to the TTF Gamekeeper since I usually fire OTT.
Yeah, I imagine :thumbsup: All my Gamekeeper catapults are set up for OTT, but he actually prefers TTF :thumbsup:
I've hit the back of my hand before. Once really bad. Don't care to repeat that.
I hit mine with a 14mm cannonball, and double bands! :eek: Amazed I didn't break it! o_O
Looks like fun!
It was, I wish I could get out more :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! How you like the Axiom?
I like it a lot David, it shoots well :) I had another session before going to bed last night :cool: I put some light Wasp bands on it, and shortened them slightly, so it shoots really fast :D Generally, I prefer their older Theraband Gold bands though, which they left a bit longer. They cut them shorter now, and while that's not a problem with the short bands, it can be with the heavier ones. I've had some band-sets, from other suppliers, which are FAR too short for me, and so unusable :rolleyes: I keep meaning to start tying my own, but a set of bands usually lasts me ages :thumbsup:

hope my new catapult and knife (2 items; not another combination) gets here soon.
What have you got coming buddy?

What have you got coming buddy?
Small (under 5" tall) Sub $3.⁰⁰ white resin flat band that got great reviews over on the singshot forum.
No idea what the knife is. An anon. member messaged me saying he sent me a knife, but didn't mention what it is.

Who knows? Perhaps someday I'll mess up and get a slingshot I can consistantly hit what I "think" I am aiming at. 😁👍

OH!!! Also have another 100 nine mm steel balls inbound. 👍

Small (under 5" tall) Sub $3.⁰⁰ white resin flat band that got great reviews over on the singshot forum.
No idea what the knife is. An anon. member messaged me saying he sent me a knife, but didn't mention what it is.

Who knows? Perhaps someday I'll mess up and get a slingshot I can consistantly hit what I "think" I am aiming at. 😁👍

OH!!! Also have another 100 nine mm steel balls inbound. 👍
Sounds like a bargain! 😎 😊👍

I like it a lot David, it shoots well :) I had another session before going to bed last night :cool: I put some light Wasp bands on it, and shortened them slightly, so it shoots really fast :D Generally, I prefer their older Theraband Gold bands though, which they left a bit longer. They cut them shorter now, and while that's not a problem with the short bands, it can be with the heavier ones. I've had some band-sets, from other suppliers, which are FAR too short for me, and so unusable :rolleyes: I keep meaning to start tying my own, but a set of bands usually lasts me ages :thumbsup:

Glad you like Axiom. I've noticed some of those short bands. Some are almost to short for me.

Glad you like Axiom. I've noticed some of those short bands. Some are almost to short for me.
Thanks David :) Yeah, with some of the heavier band sets, and tubes and square rubber, they can be quite expensive too. I do have a long reach. When I was in the opticians yesterday, my prescription has actually been decreased in strength, which is something to do with my long arms apparently! :D Still, it's those feelers with the short arms and deep pockets you have to look out for! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Imgur is doing that thing where it blinks like it's adding an image but it doesn't add the image.
And even I have reached my maximum number of allowed attachments.
It'll be a shame if this is the beginning of the end for BF.
Pics or it doesn't happen.

mAqRSst.jpg

There- I just needed to restart my computer. Obviously.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back