Traditional mug shots

I've been social distancing for years....
p5AMsf8.jpg
Now, THAT'S the way to make folks "keep their distance"....

Just before the pandemic shutdown, a facebook group I'm in were given special access to the restoration and storage yard at the Pima Air & Space Museum. Pima continuously restores newly acquired aircraft for display, and a few at a time they pull aircraft they have on display to spruce up with new paint and maybe fix dents and corrosion. Pima is one of the best and largest aerospace museums in the entire world. They have aircraft from all the American military branches (Army, USAF, Navy, USMC, Coast Guard), civilian, commercial, as well as quite a few from other countries, both civilian and military. Over 350 aircraft (and always growing), many of them extremely rare or unique, and many historically important.

Here's a group shot of all that went, standing in front of a Lockheed C-141B Starlifter. I'm the one in the Zappa shirt.

87687480_3676190825787013_3290611643624456192_o-jpg.1344751

Attachments

• 87687480_3676190825787013_3290611643624456192_o.jpg
    87687480_3676190825787013_3290611643624456192_o.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 293
Just before the pandemic shutdown, a facebook group I'm in were given special access to the restoration and storage yard at the Pima Air & Space Museum. Pima continuously restores newly acquired aircraft for display, and a few at a time they pull aircraft they have on display to spruce up with new paint and maybe fix dents and corrosion. Pima is one of the best and largest aerospace museums in the entire world. They have aircraft from all the American military branches (Army, USAF, Navy, USMC, Coast Guard), civilian, commercial, as well as quite a few from other countries, both civilian and military. Over 350 aircraft (and always growing), many of them extremely rare or unique, and many historically important.

Here's a group shot of all that went, standing in front of a Lockheed C-141B Starlifter. I'm the one in the Zappa shirt.

What'a a Zappa? (Just kidding! :p)
Cool pic. Museum sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

That Plane has quite a reputation, and work history, Aaron!!:eek:
Almost as extensive as Zappa!!!:D:DJK!! JK!!

Yep, it’s an amazing place for an aerospace nerd! Love the 787, B-36 and SR-72 you can get up close and personal with!

CelloDan CelloDan Lookin good Dan and that's a handsome first mate!:cool:

Willard I thought of you the other day when we crossed the river at Memphis. We were attending a friend's 100th year birthday party.:)
100 years old, the wealth of experience he must have. I hope the weather was beautiful for you all.
I traveled through Memphis to get on the boat this time and stopped at Memphis Barbecue Co in southhaven (?). I like their rendition of potatoe salad and their brisket is good also. Thanks for the positive thoughts. Ode

Last edited:
Lookin good Dan and that's a handsome first mate!:cool:

Thanks Dwight :)
Mugshot from last summer. I can't wait to get going this season. I first need to fix and paint the boat to repair some of the "character" we gave it last season :)

... when I see y'alls knives and think about the ones I'd like to have but are impossible to find

NNu6xQU.jpg

Hey Jim :) , nice to put a face to a bro :thumbsup: :cool:
Cool pic :cool:( I share your feeling lol many times when I look at some of the awesome knives posted on the porch :) )

Thanks Dwight :)
Mugshot from last summer. I can't wait to get going this season. I first need to fix and paint the boat to repair some of the "character" we gave it last season :)

Hey Jim :) , nice to put a face to a bro :thumbsup: :cool:
Cool pic :cool:( I share your feeling lol many times when I look at some of the awesome knives posted on the porch :) )
Thanks Dan. Wish I could say my photo was taken last summer but that shot is almost 10yrs old (i think)
... not much has changed. Good luck with the boat repairs and enjoy the season :)

Back