Traveling with knives

You got rid of a vintage Explorer II in that condition? Guess the Macallan's got the better of you. :D

HAHA šŸ¤£ ! I get it, but it was the right move for me. There was a bunch of hype about a new release that was rumored to be a drastic change (it wasn't in the end, just a slight one), and speculation had prices going crazy on them. I ended up selling it for twice what I had into it, and that's after wearing it hard for 3-4 years as my everyday and even outdoor adventure watch. Then I picked up that first gen Planet Ocean (a modern classic to become IMO) with less than a third of my proceeds from the sale, and pocketed (translation: spent on other things ;)) the rest. I did really dig the EXP II, but I got to experience owning it, and to be honest I've soured on Rolex a bit lately with all of the hype and scarcity with AD's wanting you to jump through hoops to purchase them and with them selling at a premium over retail. Rolex makes great watches, however it is clear that their target market is not the watch enthusiast but rather those who view them as a status symbol. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not a game I'm interested in playing. Omega is the brand for me šŸ‘

Knives&Lint Knives&Lint : I get what you mean about status, fashion, etc., but maybe I got into Rolex so long ago, or I am so oblivious . . . I never bought anything because of what other people are going to think. I guess I'm a dummy. But the Exp II is a sweet one. Seiko is very groovy, too. I'd like to get a Grand Seiko if I could find a mechanical one like the original from the 1960s. Anyway, I figured you made a killing on the sale of that Expy II, you dog. :)

My friend recently talked about such tickets to Hong Kong; it sounds cool. I hope that soon the last quarantine measures will pass, and everyone will be able to travel freely. Even before quarantine, I dreamed of visiting Berlin. And finally, Germany opened the entrance for tourists, and I was very happy with this news. My boyfriend and I immediately bought tickets and started planning our trip. I stumbled upon the free walking tour Berlin site and saw some very cool walking tours in Berlin. I hope our trip will go well and we will see many things.

Last edited:
Use it as an excuse to buy a new knife upon arrival, depending on what you get and/or where you go, gift it before you leave or mail it back home to yourself before you leave.

Back