Tried To Break My Ankle. . . . Not Successful. . .

Jerry Busse

I took the kids out fishing last night and discovered a small gully wash on the side of the pond by planting my foot in it!

My foot stayed perfectly still in the small little ditch but the rest of me just kept going and my right ankle made a really loud "pop" sound.

My 6 year old son Paul came running up and asked if I was okay.

He then asked what all of the Latin words meant that I was mumbling. . . and why E Pluribus Unum was "holy"?

Now my ankle is the size of Oklahoma. . . X rays show no breaks but I apparently tore a bunch of other things loose that are making it much more interesting to move around!

I was already fairly graceful but now, when I walk, I look like I'm having some type of seizure.

It is currently packed in ice and if all goes well, I should still be in Atlanta on Friday night!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Hope thing come out OK Boss!!! Blooming sprains can be wicked. Have down at blade

Sorry to hear that Boss. Get better soon. I'm glad it's not as bad as it could have been.

Yikes!!! Sprains hurt like all hell. You'll just need to increase your alcohol intake over the weekend to get through. If that is at all possible :D

Oh man, sorry to hear that! Take it easy and hopefully we see you..
Us piglets would love the honor of meeting you,, but understand how painful that can be.

Drink plenty of fluids, preferably 70 proof. And whine like a baby for that "extra" sympathy....

Now, I'm no medical professional but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Ouch that sucks, but fortunately alcohol can fix that!

OUCH!!:eek:

We'll be there to help ease your pain..........We'll eat a lot, we'll drink a lot.........and we'll buy a lot of knives :D :thumbup:

Glad to hear that a minor set back will not be keeping you from stirring up the trough this weekend, hope you feel better and get well soon BOSSMAN!!!

Wow that really stinks, sorry to hear that happened. We'll here's to a speedy recovery get well soon.

Did you catch any fish ? :):thumbup:

Sorry to hear that. Those hurt like heck. I hope you have a speedy recovery, sir. I seem to recall seeing a picture once of a pile of knife blanks that didn't pass inspection at the shop. That plus a lawn mower (or motorized bar stool, whatever you have on hand) could equal a motorized infi iron throne that would let you rest your ankle in style in Atlanta. Don't forget a cup holder or six...

OUCH! :mad:
Make sure you take care of it Bossman, you don't want a permanent hitch in yer git-a-long! :eek:

Back