Tried To Break My Ankle. . . . Not Successful. . .

I took the kids out fishing last night and discovered a small gully wash on the side of the pond by planting my foot in it!

My foot stayed perfectly still in the small little ditch but the rest of me just kept going and my right ankle made a really loud "pop" sound.

My 6 year old son Paul came running up and asked if I was okay.

He then asked what all of the Latin words meant that I was mumbling. . . and why E Pluribus Unum was "holy"?

Now my ankle is the size of Oklahoma. . . X rays show no breaks but I apparently tore a bunch of other things loose that are making it much more interesting to move around!

I was already fairly graceful but now, when I walk, I look like I'm having some type of seizure.

It is currently packed in ice and if all goes well, I should still be in Atlanta on Friday night!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Compress, compress, compress- ace bandage or go to academy and buy a McDavid ankle brace. NSAIDs whether you have pain or not because of their anti inflammatory properties. Keep icing it and keep it elevated. You don't get the anti inflammatory effects unless you are at 600 mg or above for ibuprofen or 500 mg for naproxen. Alternate acetaminophen for pain. Good luck and walk gingerly or with crutches. Hope you feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! Perhaps if you pour some scotch on it, that would help. Yeah, I'm almost certain that that is a thing... Get well soon, Jerry! :

sorry to hear that...grab a couple Gladius blanks off the shop floor, place em on each side of turned ankle, wrap with paracord...SHAZAM!...battlefield splint = ankle stabilized :cool:

OUCH!

I did that playing basketball at the gym one time - the ankle popped so loud people way on the other side of the gym stopped and looked.

I had to do crutches for the first time in my life, and then I watched a huge blue/green bruise run from my ankle down my foot to my toes.

Good luck Mr. B!

best

mqqn

Sad to hear this...
Heal up soon, Jerry!!

First and foremost I hope you heal up quick Jerry...

...but Secondly, I think this may be a clue to a new model coming out, maybe even debuting at Blade Show?
:eek:

Bummer, hope yall at least got some fish.

Sure dont need to tell ya, When all else fails drink the pain away.

Id bet you could get some of these hogs to lug you around in some type of "throne chair"throughout Blade if aint healed up by then.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but at least you can drink to help ease the pain. Be careful and have a rapid recovery. Unfortunately, sometimes sprains are worse than breaks.:thumbup:

I've sprained both my ankles on various occasions over the years... Damn, it sucked every time. I lift my glass to your speedy recovery!

At least your story is somewhat acceptable! When I was 16 I jumped on a chair and then jumped off. On the way down I twisted my ankle 200 degrees clockwise, dislocated, and broke in 3 places and practically powdered 2 inches of bone. Also tore most of the ligaments and tendons. I was directing a high school percussion section, and I was in shock and realized it. Just kept directing from the floor until the ambulance got there. This was at the hospital. They had to twist it back a little in the ambulance to get a pulse back in my foot.. Don't know why they couldn't give me meds first.
7374fa4cf85283cb358543579c4ef141.jpg

It was a real pain! Best of luck with recovery!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry Busse sprains his foot right before blade....that brings "sucks" to a whole new level...better rent a golf kart.. sorry to hear Jerry.

To hell with sprains, better off breaking it.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but at least you can drink to help ease the pain. Be careful and have a rapid recovery. Unfortunately, sometimes sprains are worse than breaks.:thumbup:

NSAIDS and prepare to take it easy on it for a long period of recovery. Generally, I believe a break in a joint is worse than a sprain, as it is more likely to heal incorrectly. However, the healing process for a soft tissue injury like a sprain is almost invariably longer than the healing process for a break, even in a joint. I have read/heard that the healing process for a sprain, for complete recovery, is typically more than 18 months.

Jerry, I feel for you. Just remember, none of us are getting any younger!:eek:..........................................:D

wow, sorry to hear that. Take care of a sprang or I can tell you it will never be right again. Do exactly what the Docs tell you. I learned the hard way that my way is not the best way.

Back