True Grass Machete Pre- Order Closing 10/31

Huntsman Knife Co.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey guys,

I finally have some True Grass Machetes that will be ready soon and due to limited quantity, I've decided to go ahead and do a sign up list.

There will be 2 thicknesses available and a total of 12 spots

.070 for maximum speed (Extra Thin) 4 spots
.085 for a little more chopping power (Thin) 8 spots

Here are the specs

Steel- CPM 3V HT to 59-60
Thickness
(1) .070 - Extra Thin
(2) .085 - Thin
Length- 22.7 overall
Blade- 17
Scales
weight- .070 stock ~ 14.5 ounces
.085 stock ~ 16.5 ounces
(1) CNC'd natural canvas micarta
(2) black canvas micarta.
These will have the same finish and general appearance as the Fell Beast, with satin bevels and acid etched flats.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pricing and Order Process
Pricing is as follows

$199 shipped for any configuration without sheath

Black pancake style kydex sheath + $50

Turn around time will be 5-7 weeks.

To reserve a spot, post the makeup you would like (stock thickness + scale color + sheath option) along with a $50 deposit. Deposit can be sent via PP to huntsmanknifeco AT gmail DOT com or via USPS MO or check.

The remaining balance will be due when your order is ready.

In the event that life happens to you, you can cancel your order at any time and I will refund you the deposit.

A Quick Write-up on the TGM

The idea behind the TGM is simple, create the highest possible quality machete using the best materials and construction methods. What I ended up with is a time tested and proven no frills latin style blade paired with the ergonomic handle of the Fell Beast. For the steel, 3V is a no brainer. With an optimized HT and thin geometry, the TGM will have unparalleled edge holding and toughness.

Differences Between Prototype and Production Model

There will be several small differences between the production model and the one shown.

(1) The grind may be slightly higher. 3V can take a thinner grind so I will take it thinner than the proto.
(2) No temper lines. The proto is NITRO V with a tempered spine. 3V is through hardened.
(3) The blade of the Proto flares slightly towards the tip. The production version is completely straight and ~ 2in wide across the entire blade. The CAD drawing shows the production model blade shape.

Nzn9M1Er.jpg

JgFULh1.jpg

8tYtKlu.jpg

deOVQyU.png

Last edited:
Available Spots

Extra Thin .070 stock
(1) Dogrunner
(2)Ice- Pic
(3)Currawong
(4) Steven65
(5) Turth

Thin .085 stock
(1)Kyle363
(2) Brummie
(3) Chugokujin
(4)Kulajon
(5) sryt95
(6) Ray Z
(7) Skrapmetal
(8)

Last edited:
I'm in !
1 extra thin, natural canvas scales, no sheath. How do you want the deposit (paypal?).

Got you guys down! PP is good for deposits or USPS MO works as well. PP is huntsmanknifeco AT gmail DOT com

You got it :thumbsup:

Deposit sent, Hunter.

I'd also been keeping an eye out for progress on your kukri model. If I understand correctly, those won't be appearing for some time, but you will have a run of tyrant bowies in the spring, correct?

Deposit sent, Hunter.

I'd also been keeping an eye out for progress on your kukri model. If I understand correctly, those won't be appearing for some time, but you will have a run of tyrant bowies in the spring, correct?

Deposit in!

The kukri is a long ways off aside from a prototype or two that will be made for testing. The Tyrant Bowie run will have a sign up list starting in about a week and will be ready in January- February. It really just depends on how long the CNC work takes.

I'll take spot 3 for an .085", black micarta and kydex. Please email me with your address for an MO deposit. Thanks.

Just posted a profile message and added you to the list. Thanks for your order!

This pre order will be closing on 10/31. I will only have a small handful of extra blades available when the run is finished so get your orders in before the deadline :thumbsup:

Today is the last day to sign up! The TGM will not be a standard offering and this will be the only run for the foreseeable future.

If I'm not too late I'll take an extra thin, natural canvas micarta, with sheath. Thanks!

Back