True Grass Machete Pre- Order Closing 10/31

Looks great Hunter. December is fine by me, the bushes will still be there. 2 inches wide along the full length makes it snappier?

Looks great Hunter. December is fine by me, the bushes will still be there. 2 inches wide along the full length makes it snappier?

Eliminating the flare towards the tip makes the tip lighter and centers the weight of the blade more towards the body. This means more tip speed but less chopping power. Even though the difference is small I think its evident when you swing the prototype v. production version.

It don`t mean a thing if it ain't got that swing:)
Looking forward to this 17" blade under a pound..

Last edited:
I have a 12in blade model as a special order for a customer and it weighs 9.9 ounces without scales :eek:

the .070 clocked in at 12.63 ounces without bevels or scales

the .085 was 15.31 without bevels or scales.

My tendinitis prone elbows are going to appreciate the light swing weight :)
And it should work great on the field bushwhacking I need to do around the property.
Thanks for the emerging specs.

Excited to get it. Even in the midwest I find myself wanting a machete more than a chopper on most trips to the woods. I spend a lot of time in a river basin and there is a lot of undergrowth to clear when we make our camps, especially during dry years where the river doesn't do its spring flood and wipe the area clean.

Excited to get it. Even in the midwest I find myself wanting a machete more than a chopper on most trips to the woods. I spend a lot of time in a river basin and there is a lot of undergrowth to clear when we make our camps, especially during dry years where the river doesn't do its spring flood and wipe the area clean.

I got the idea to make a high end machete after hacking a trail on my parents farm with a 10in chopper. I had this big bad knife that was great for chopping hardwood but failed pretty badly at actual trailblazing. A big chopper is not the ideal tool for taking out thorn bushes, honeysuckle, young locust trees and the remaining plethora of nasty underbrush you might find in the woods. I realized after a day of wearing myself out swinging a big knife and making very little progress that a machete was the right tool for the job. Only problem was that there were zero high quality machetes out there. I didn't want to swing a $20 piece of junk all day.

That experience led me to make the Fell Beast a few years later. But the Fell Beast is still not a true machete, its a heavy machete or machete chopper hybrid.
After alot of feedback from my customers, it was pretty apparent that a "true" machete was needed. I ran into alot of issues getting a steel that would work. 52100 was unavailable, AEBL was warping out, and other stuff like S7 and 80CRV2 aren't available in sub 1/8th thickness.

Luckily, I was able to score pretty much all of the sub .090 3V on the market and use it for this run. The TGM is looking very promising and I'm stoked to hear the feedback from everyone on how they perform. I think the TGM is going to be in a league of its own.

Just wanted to give a quick update.

I'm still waiting on the bulk of these to get back from HT but I called Peter's HT and they said they are finishing tempering and will be shipping out tomorrow. I have very little work to do on these post HT so I'll be able to get them all finished and out the door within a few days of recieving them :thumbsup:

Thanks for the patience everyone. I believe these will exceed expectations.

Thanks for the update. Too cold here to risk hitting a thin edge on frozen anything, even a 3V edge, but it will get a workout!

Thanks for the update Hunter; tell me when to send the rest of the funds.
Btw, do you ever make a fold-over taco style kydex sheath instead of the pancake style sheath?
Ray

Hey guys,

THE TGM's ARE IN! I'm finishing all of the blades now and will be shipping throughout the week.

If you'd like to send the remainder of the payment for your blade go ahead and send it over. I will be notifying everyone individually as well.

Thanks for the patience and I can't wait to hear the feedback on these :thumbsup:

And if anyone needs extra time to pay/ doesn't have the funds ready just let me know and Ill hold onto your blade for you. I know this time of year funds can be tight so no worries if you need more time.

I have the funds, but I’m leaving for a two week work trip next Saturday. So unless it’s likely to arrive by then, will probably ask you to hold on for another week or two.

I have the funds, but I’m leaving for a two week work trip next Saturday. So unless it’s likely to arrive by then, will probably ask you to hold on for another week or two.

If I don't get your blade shipped out tomorrow Ill go ahead and hold it until you get back.

Back