Pre Order Trusty Preorder; CPK EDC Pocket Sheath

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello fine humans,

I'm opening up a preorder for the Carothers Performance Knives EDC sheath. This isn't a standard preorder, in that prepayment is neither required nor desired. I'd prefer to trust you to follow through, and for you to trust me to set you up properly. Trust is the most important currency.

I'm aiming to make 12 sheaths only, so if you're sure you want one then make it know sooner rather than later. After this preorder, it will be some time before I revisit this sheath pattern as a batch, although I can do one offs any time.

This trusty preorder is open ONLY to Gold and above members, so if you don't have a Gold membership which allows you to take part in purchasing and selling through Bladeforums, please pony up and support this website with a membership.

These sheaths will be made from 9oz veg tan leather, hand stitched and hot waxed. You will have the option to have your sheath dyed for an extra charge. You will have the option of right or left handed for no additional charge.

A removable belt loop will be supplied with these sheaths. They will also be compatible with DCC clips, Ulitclips, Mummert clips and Sagewood taco style danglers.

The price per sheath will be $145USD, plus shipping. If you want your sheath dyed, there will be a surcharge of $12.50 per sheath. Colours currently available are black, brown and green, or a combination.

Payment is via Paypal Goods and Services. When the sheaths are ready for shipment, I'll send an invoice.

Below is video of the first prototype. I'm currently testing it and will make adjustments as necessary. The sheaths in the run may not be identical to what you see here, if anything they'll be a little better.

Currently, you members have expressed an interest in getting your hands on a sheath;
Pàdruig Pàdruig
Fonedork Fonedork
B Brutal-Force
Comprehensivist Comprehensivist
Grenock Grenock *camo
JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45
glocjt glocjt
EMCEE EMCEE
BIGDORK BIGDORK
Gusbuster Gusbuster
Tensegrity Tensegrity *black

If, for ANY reason, you are not interested in following through on this preorder, please pm me to let me know. No problem!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Confirming my interest for a brown right-hand EDC sheath. Are these still going to be universal for EDC 1, 2 & 3? As long as it works for the original EDC, I am good to go.

Thanks!

Phil

Confirming my interest for a brown right-hand EDC sheath. Are these still going to be universal for EDC 1, 2 & 3? As long as it works for the original EDC, I am good to go.

Thanks!

Phil
yes, 100%.
JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45 sent me an EDC2 so I could make sure it fits that and the OG. The EDC3 I think is the same as the EDC2 except it has a swedge? Hopefully someone out there can confirm

yes, 100%.
JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45 sent me an EDC2 so I could make sure it fits that and the OG. The EDC3 I think is the same as the EDC2 except it has a swedge? Hopefully someone out there can confirm
That's correct to my knowledge also. EDC3 is an just EDC2 with the sexy swedge.

And yes, I'm still in for one! Right handed, undyed or brown possibly.

Do you have any examples of the undyed beside a brown sheath to compare?

Last edited:
That's correct to my knowledge also. EDC3 is an just EDC2 with the sexy swedge.

And yes, I'm still in for one! Right handed, undyed or brown possibly.

Do you have any examples of the undyed beside a brown sheath to compare?
I'm working on 2 prototypes now and should have something to show within the next few days...hopefully

making good progress here, should have something to show tomorrow or the day after...

Still in pending a peak at the prototypes and given that they don't look like they were wet molded around your peter. 😁

Right hand, green and brown combo dye.

Also, what methods and forms of payment are you going to be accepting for this leather goodness?

Still in pending a peak at the prototypes and given that they don't look like they were wet molded around your peter. 😁
they are far too small for that

all I had for clips was this one from DCC, which is pretty shallow, but after making my way through the bush looking for mushrooms today I can definitively say that my EDC didn't fall out and is still with me. For working, this higher pocket carry is actually pretty awesome. However, if you want the sheath to hang out a little deeper in your pocket, those Ulticlips and other DCC options will do the trick.

I'm really happy with this sheath. It is minimalist but it kind of disappears in the pocket and holds the knife tight but not too tight. I don't know if I'll make 20 of them as planned, since the demand doesn't seem to be as high as I thought, but now that I have the pattern I can always make more. And I will!
QdVU2G6.jpg

ok, folks; so I thought there'd be more interest than there has been, so I'm going to make 10 of these sheaths only, get them done and concentrate on some other projects.
I'm hoping to get them done within two weeks.

Hey Lorien,
I’m sorry I didn’t see this thread earlier. I would be interested in one with a natural, oiled finish if I’m not too late.

Last edited:
Hey Lorien,
I’m sorry I didn’t see this thread earlier. I would be interested in one with a natural, oiled finish if I’m not too late.
not too late, Gus. I started cutting leather today, and have enough pieces for 12 in total
Hey Lorien, if I am reading correctly this is dyed brown? If so and it's not to late I think I would prefer just the natural oiled finish on mine.

Thanks,
JJ
yes, it's dyed brown, but I went a little too deep on it- one too many applications. I usually prefer a mottled finish which looks chatoyant.
I would also like mine to have the natural finish, thank you.
no problem

and just for clarity's sake, these sheaths are waxed, not oiled. Just want to make sure you get what you think you're getting!

EDC2 in black please.... like the UF2 did I snag your last, again? 😅

Stated above, you chainlink lanyard represents!

^I call dibs on the bicycle chain lanyard if Lorien decides to sell. Don’t be movin’ in on my goods, bro ! 😎🤣😂

not too late, Gus. I started cutting leather today, and have enough pieces for 12 in total

yes, it's dyed brown, but I went a little too deep on it- one too many applications. I usually prefer a mottled finish which looks chatoyant.

no problem

and just for clarity's sake, these sheaths are waxed, not oiled. Just want to make sure you get what you think you're getting!
Thanks for the clarification ... the natural waxed would be my choice. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to these!

Back