Ugliest Traditionals

“All I have left is some with ‘ugly’ horn.”

That’s what @knifeswapper told me when I reached out about getting a 2020 Forum Knife. I had missed out on the whole conversation and ordering process, so that seemed fair. And ugly and 2020 seemed to go hand in hand.

I know it’s all subjective, but I think what showed up is awesome! Maybe not perfect horn, but definitely unique. It reminds me of lizard skin; in appearance and texture. A very pleasant tactile experience! And there is a translucence like GECs looking glass acrylic.

Anyways, I’m digging this “ugly” knife, and wanted to share it.
FEBDB7B8-8575-4064-B280-7601C9970B5E.jpeg E3F4C8B3-A862-4C56-8741-DAB4E9BA6D36.jpeg C2D88BA4-FB58-4695-8F19-7E7EE4EFC8A7.jpeg 0E78DADE-AD54-428B-BC2F-D6966A3A334B.jpeg

Attachments

• 0342FC0B-6472-4437-887D-2EAF5D92646A.jpeg
    0342FC0B-6472-4437-887D-2EAF5D92646A.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 1
  • 73A4A3BD-4EBD-465F-A1FD-126CCFB6B8FE.jpeg
    73A4A3BD-4EBD-465F-A1FD-126CCFB6B8FE.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 1
My opinions have changed I believe from my first post.
I was just getting started when I made that post.
Now I would say many things may be patterns I wouldn't carry, but they may not be ugly to me.

The only thing today I can really think of that I dislike is the placement of the nick on the current case peanut, it makes the blade look like it has a sharp peak on top and it runs the look of the entire knife.

“All I have left is some with ‘ugly’ horn.”

That’s what @knifeswapper told me when I reached out about getting a 2020 Forum Knife. I had missed out on the whole conversation and ordering process, so that seemed fair. And ugly and 2020 seemed to go hand in hand.

I know it’s all subjective, but I think what showed up is awesome! Maybe not perfect horn, but definitely unique. It reminds me of lizard skin; in appearance and texture. A very pleasant tactile experience! And there is a translucence like GECs looking glass acrylic.

Anyways, I’m digging this “ugly” knife, and wanted to share it.
View attachment 1499987 View attachment 1499988 View attachment 1499989 View attachment 1499994

Nothing ugly about that at all. Even if it was “ugly”, it would be less likely to sit in the safe or drawer. Use it!

I bought this monstrosity in 2018 while at the Rendezvous , not because it was beautiful , but because it had some great Desert Ironwood on it . I believe that it is by far the Ugliest Knife I have . Our friend half/stop and I both bought one that day .

I have never ever carried it and do not expect to ever carry it .

Harry

I bought this monstrosity in 2018 while at the Rendezvous , not because it was beautiful , but because it had some great Desert Ironwood on it . I believe that it is by far the Ugliest Knife I have . Our friend half/stop and I both bought one that day .

I have never ever carried it and do not expect to ever carry it .

Harry

Yeah, it's....cumbersome not pocket-friendly :eek::D

Is that the same time they issued a Whaler in Pine with a very cool Whale shield? I believe the late Ron got one of them :cool:

Yeah, it's....cumbersome not pocket-friendly :eek::D

Is that the same time they issued a Whaler in Pine with a very cool Whale shield? I believe the late Ron got one of them :cool:
Yes it was Will . I picked one up for @paulhilborn and did not care for it but by the time I shipped it to him I had changed my mind . Those Whaler models will most likely will be pretty rare .

Harry

Kind of looks like a Bull Terrier to me...so ugly it's cute.
TRvnF3Db.jpg

VEjGLgQ.jpg

I think this Pallares is sort of ugly. Washed out and scratched plastic scales and the corrosion that I can't get out shows through the translucency.. but I still dig it!
Thats kinda cool and we now know where Sypderco drew its inspiration for leaf shaped blades:) !

VEjGLgQ.jpg

I think this Pallares is sort of ugly. Washed out and scratched plastic scales and the corrosion that I can't get out shows through the translucency.. but I still dig it!

Do you know if this is a 7cm (16cm overall) Pallares, or a 8cm (18cm)? Looking to pick one up myself, cheers.

Back