Ugliest Traditionals

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this...there are a lot of good ugly knives in this one.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course, but I think I may have the ugliest knife.

This is what I thought I was getting:
UgliestKnife_04.jpg
...and this is what I got :)
UgliestKnife_01.jpg
UgliestKnife_02.jpg
Even the bail and my love for Peanuts can't dissuade the immediate repulsion :D I own a pink knife.

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this...there are a lot of good ugly knives in this one.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course, but I think I may have the ugliest knife.

View attachment 996764
View attachment 996760
View attachment 996761
Even the bail and my love for Peanuts can't dissuade the immediate repulsion :D I own a pink knife.
That's "after the spawn" salmon :p

View attachment 996764
View attachment 996760
View attachment 996761
What color was that supposed to be , Darren? Pretty anemic dye job! :eek::thumbsdown::(
That's what worries me most about ordering knives online, and maybe especially from Case.
(I'm glad you resurrected this thread, though; I enjoyed this one back in the day! :thumbsup::D)

- GT

What color was that supposed to be , Darren? Pretty anemic dye job! :eek::thumbsdown::(
That's what worries me most about ordering knives online, and maybe especially from Case.
(I'm glad you resurrected this thread, though; I enjoyed this one back in the day! :thumbsup::D)

- GT
It is supposed to be "Burnt Salmon" :) I might see if I can get creative with some dye.

It is supposed to be "Burnt Salmon" :) I might see if I can get creative with some dye.
I think Will Power Will Power may have had a similar disappointing experience with burnt salmon from Case. And I'm pretty sure someone has posted about their successful dye job to "redeem" the knife (maybe Will, maybe someone else). Good opportunity to try the BF "Search" feature! :thumbsup::D

- GT

I think Will Power Will Power may have had a similar disappointing experience with burnt salmon from Case. And I'm pretty sure someone has posted about their successful dye job to "redeem" the knife (maybe Will, maybe someone else). Good opportunity to try the BF "Search" feature! :thumbsup::D

- GT
Thanks Gary I will snoop around for that thread...I would definitely be interested in seeing a success story :)

Wow that one turned out great :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you :)

Seahorse whittlers and whalers are hideous to me. French kates are just stupid.

Yes I got an otherwise nice Half Whittler in that colour...it arrived looking like rotting salmon:eek::eek: Ghastly! I was expecting a cooked salmon colour, smoked perhaps, orange or ochre? Unfortunately, no RIT dye available here so a couple of prolonged tea baths improved it:D

I had a similar experience with Case's "Dark Red" jigged bone. A better description of the knife I received (and returned) would have been "Splotchy Pink-ish" jigged bone. :confused: :D

View attachment 996764
View attachment 996760
View attachment 996761

And after a deep, dark blue dye:
UgliestKnife_06.jpg
UgliestKnife_07.jpg
UgliestKnife_05.jpg

It is almost black it is so blue right now. I am hoping a little wear and the color lightens up the sides to more of a dark purple or midnight blue like the bottom.
Whatever the case, it struck me that I can buy a few more of the burnt salmon (definitely available), dye them something else and I'll have several more bailed Peanuts :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Found this one too Gary looks like some other good dye jobs. Off to go pick out some RIT :)
That looks like a very informative "how-to" thread, Darren! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 997416
View attachment 997417
View attachment 997415

It is almost black it is so blue right now. I am hoping a little wear and the color lightens up the sides to more of a dark purple or midnight blue like the bottom.
Whatever the case, it struck me that I can buy a few more of the burnt salmon (definitely available), dye them something else and I'll have several more bailed Peanuts :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Man, you don't waste any time! ;):thumbsup: That almost-black looks good to me - worthy of Black Friday! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Crafty plan to acquire more bailed Peanuts. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

View attachment 997416
View attachment 997417
View attachment 997415

Nice work. I'm not brave enough to try it yet.

View attachment 997416
View attachment 997417
View attachment 997415

I had to come back and look at these pictures three times. I can’t believe that used to be that hideous, pinkish, thing. A job well done! It looks great! -Lance

It's a slipjoint so it MUST be a traditional:
y-28218.jpg

(that was sarcastic and this knife probably doesn't belong in traditionals thread but it is definitely ugly)

Back