Ugliest Traditionals

This Old Timer is not naturally an ugly knife , but somebody made it one. I just rescued it to try to clean it up and it still looks bad.

Harry

I think that's a lovely Old Timer, Harry! It's showing its age, but I wouldn't call it ugly.

I think that's a lovely Old Timer, Harry! It's showing its age, but I wouldn't call it ugly.

I think you are being too kind r8shell , but thank you very much . It is my only Old Timer in 100+ knives and I like it a lot.

Harry

I have been looking for an 81 stockman for awhile. Finally ran across this poor ugly child. So ugly it's pretty. But it may end up making a trip to glennbad anyway lol.

Honestly, I really like that one:thumbup:

Harry, I agree with Rachael:thumbup:

Funny Jake, because that's exactly what I told Joey that 81 looked like on the phone the other day. A bowl of Christmas candy.

Must be our names lol.

Jake ain't lying. That's exactly what he said lol. So, perfect for my favorite time of year for sure!

I agree Colin, that shield should stay if the knife gets new scales.

One man's Gem is another man's Blem, it's like asking which child is your favourite, well, I guess there are some of our children we may favour more so that might not be a great analogy ;)

I'm with most that I don't know of an ugly knife, nothing springs to mind. The references made in this thread to dull, bad workmanship all are just defects and not speaking to the knife design/shape itself, and I agree, don't care for a dull knife or one with loose fitting components, but I would not categorize them as ugly, just messed up ;)

G2

I saw this one on an auction site. Was really tempted to place a bid [emoji6] [emoji12]

526e08adca27b88d9417826edda46d85.jpg
dca2d60a7907841743d6a80cdd59b4f1.jpg

That's awesome. I mean, it's terrible, but what a conversation knife. Haha.

I have been looking for an 81 stockman for awhile. Finally ran across this poor ugly child. So ugly it's pretty. But it may end up making a trip to glennbad anyway lol.

While it might be a bit...garish (neon:barf:) it's a great pattern and nicely made. It's also likely quite rare so changing the scales may not really be a very clever idea..;)

Tasteless rather than ugly. That ghastly 'Fish' Knife still has the crown! :D:D

Yea, I agree. Garish fits better.

And many of you have talked me out of a cover swap. Including one trade offer just to try to save that lol. I think I'll leave it as is and continue to keep my eyes peeled for another 81 that isn't so, um, garish.

Besides, it's Christmas. And a Christmas knife was on my list haha

Back