Umnumzaan pics

I’ve own 6 I think and all had similar. And yes the require a bit of a break in period but it’s not long before it will be smooth as glass!

Need some input from the Zaan experts. I managed a new Umnumzaan. It’s been a minute since I’ve bought a new Umnumzaan. How are we feeling about this lockup? Tang shows about 35% marking. A really slow opening doesn’t give a solid lockup but opening it sharply will provide what looks to be a 35% +/- lockup based on my eye.

Now I know Umnumzaans have to be broken in with the O-rings, ceramic ball, etc. but how would you all feel about this one. I feel like Umnumzaans are usually 50-70% lockup. Thoughts? Pics for reference.

Pictures here.
Looks great to me.
When fresh, one of mine had a lighter lockup on slow roll than with a flick.

It’s well worn now and I don’t really notice a difference.

This is a dangerous thread. I’m in the middle of a trade right now, swapping a large Sebenza for a small because the small is the right size for me. But despite that, I keep scrolling and thinking about how cool those Zaans look.

This is a dangerous thread. I’m in the middle of a trade right now, swapping a large Sebenza for a small because the small is the right size for me. But despite that, I keep scrolling and thinking about how cool those Zaans look.
My advice is pass on by and don’t look it in the eye! I am addicted to them…..
View attachment 2216382

Back